Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what a craptastic day.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 20 Replies

So I get up, and I notice they left a package out by the gate.... an hour or so later, I get a text from my neighbor stating two of my dogs got out and she put them back in my yard, I thought "how odd, they've NEVER gotten out before."

The dogs got out because the fedex/ups put this super heavy package, against my gate, which push it opened just far enough for the bottom for the smaller of the two dogs to slip out.... and with what was inside the package, it was too much to resist.

Well, the dogs ate through my box, and ate an entire 14lbs bag of cat food and some school supplies I had order for our trip.

I ended up having to take the smaller of my two dogs to the vet to get medicine for his stomach, because he was so bloated up I thought he was going to explode, and he was in severe pain.

Amazon.com being the nice people they are, refunded me 100dollars to cover the vet bill.....

Now, this is the THIRD freaking time I have reported these shipping companies to amazon telling them they are leaving packages where my animals can get into them.... Only this time it had something in it that made my dogs sick and they shoved a 50lbs box against my gate so hard it pushed my gate open just enough for my dogs to get out.

I was lucky my dogs didn't get hit by a car. I got some new chains for the gate, with clear instructions to my kids that the bottom part of the gate had better be chained up too, because even though they called the shipping company for the THIRD time to complain about broken packages and being careless with boxes, I get home and there's another box literally shoved between the two sections of my gate.... and had my dogs been outside, they'd have eaten that box too.

I'm freaking pissed off. Taking my dog to the vet, having to redo my fence JUST because of horrible shipment people, is really starting to piss me off... How many times do I have to tell them to put it far enough away from my gate, that the dogs can't scratch, or chew the corners of the boxes, let alone put such a heavy box on the gate that it pushes it OPEN far enough for the dogs to actually get INTO my box?

What if it had been cleaning chemicals? Or something more toxic then cat food and pencils and rockstars?

Not only that, but they literally threw the box against the gate, so the entire case of rockstar had exploded inside the box.... luckily, besides refunding me the entire purchase and a little extra, they are reshipping me all my supplies I ordered.

I don't blame amazon.... but this shipment company is making me rip my hair out. Or rather, the person they hired who's being so irresponsible/careless with my stuff.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Is there any way you can request amazon send it through a different company? I am so sorry that happened. And is there anyway to get compensation from the shipping company?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacknJill
by Jackie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy cow!! :( sorry you went through all that but that was really nice of amazon!!
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM

we live in too rural an area, but it's both ups AND fedex who've left packages in a way where they were ruined, so they are yelling at both of them.

I don't blame amazon... it's definitely the shipment carriers who are being careless.

I've had them throw a box of rockstars so the entire rockstar case exploded inside the box too. 

When I move, hopefully that solves this problem entirely.

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: Is there any way you can request amazon send it through a different company? I am so sorry that happened. And is there anyway to get compensation from the shipping company?

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM

yeah it really was, they reshipped the items that got ruined + refunded the 100 dollars for the vet bill cost.

I love amazon, but these shipping company people....

Quoting JacknJill: Holy cow!! :( sorry you went through all that but that was really nice of amazon!!

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
At least amazon is helpful. :( My parents live rural as well ups and FedEx have both decided they won't take their trucks out there before and gave the package to usps to finish delivery...pure craziness.

Quoting kajira:

we live in too rural an area, but it's both ups AND fedex who've left packages in a way where they were ruined, so they are yelling at both of them.

I don't blame amazon... it's definitely the shipment carriers who are being careless.

I've had them throw a box of rockstars so the entire rockstar case exploded inside the box too. 

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: Is there any way you can request amazon send it through a different company? I am so sorry that happened. And is there anyway to get compensation from the shipping company?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starinez
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM

You could probably talk to amazon and have your packages shipped to USPS and just pick them up there or you can put out a sign saying where you want the packages with a big Arrow. LOL. We have had this problem before when we lived in the country. Very seldom do you get the same driver delivering your packages. Since so many drivers where getting lost coming to my home they eventually told me they wouldn't deliver to my house any more and I had to pick them up 30 min away at their Service center. I started having everything shipped to a family members instead. Now I live in a small town 2 houses down from the post office and they still get confused where my house is and sometimes deliver it to the wrong house or just deliver it to the post office and have me pick it up there. Very annoying. If they would just have the same drivers drive the same routes we wouldn't have so many issues. 

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:29 PM

had a sign, they ignored it. were so small we only have 1-3 drivers for each company, so it's the same driver, I see them every time they drop the packages off. They know my dogs by name and give them treats. LOL

Quoting starinez:

You could probably talk to amazon and have your packages shipped to USPS and just pick them up there or you can put out a sign saying where you want the packages with a big Arrow. LOL. We have had this problem before when we lived in the country. Very seldom do you get the same driver delivering your packages. Since so many drivers where getting lost coming to my home they eventually told me they wouldn't deliver to my house any more and I had to pick them up 30 min away at their Service center. I started having everything shipped to a family members instead. Now I live in a small town 2 houses down from the post office and they still get confused where my house is and sometimes deliver it to the wrong house or just deliver it to the post office and have me pick it up there. Very annoying. If they would just have the same drivers drive the same routes we wouldn't have so many issues. 

Dani1009
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I work for USPS. We are contracted out to deliver packages for ups & fed ex. Over half the packages that I deliver are from those companies. It's very common, even in urban areas.

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: At least amazon is helpful. :( My parents live rural as well ups and FedEx have both decided they won't take their trucks out there before and gave the package to usps to finish delivery...pure craziness.

Quoting kajira:

Dani1009
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Fed ex is terrible. A few weeks ago I had a package of medications delivered, worth $300. It was important stuff - progesterone in oil and suppositories, etc... None of which is supposed to freeze. It was -12 degrees and snowing the day it was delivered. The driver just chucked my package in the snow bank out by our mailbox. (i live out in the country). I was home, but I didn't notice for hours. I was absolutely pissed. If the snow plow had gone through, my package would have been buried in snow and I never would have found it.
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Really?! I had no idea I have never seen it happen until recently out there. Learn something new everyday. :)

Quoting Dani1009: I work for USPS. We are contracted out to deliver packages for ups & fed ex. Over half the packages that I deliver are from those companies. It's very common, even in urban areas.

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: At least amazon is helpful. :( My parents live rural as well ups and FedEx have both decided they won't take their trucks out there before and gave the package to usps to finish delivery...pure craziness.

Quoting kajira:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)