Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

U/S scan for birth defects..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
How far along were you? Theyre doing my at 13 weeks. do you think they will be able to confirm the sex?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NicLof2
by Nicole on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:06 PM
If they are like my high risk doctor they won't that early even if thy think they know.
Freckles85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM
boo lol

Quoting NicLof2: If they are like my high risk doctor they won't that early even if thy think they know.
precious2me
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM
They are doing mine at 13 weeks also :) I have an appt on Monday. I might have them check to see if they can tell the gender but if not ill patiently wait for my 20 week u/s.
proudmommyjen
by Jennifer on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I have an ultrasound at 14 weeks and my doctor said we would try to find out the gender! The ultrasound tech says she can usually tell by 14 weeks, sometimes 13. I'm hoping we find out! :)

It depends on your doctor though, some won't check that early.

Abbysmom1215
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM
My tech wouldn't even take a guess at 13 weeks. I was so bummed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyslate
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine told us a girl at 13 weeks but I'm not putting too much stock into it yet. She said "I wouldn't have told you if I wasn't sure" but it just seems too early for me.

I have another scan on the 18th so I will have my doc double check then.
nolongermstkn
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I *think* i opted out of that one. Not sure. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starinez
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one at 13 weeks last friday but baby wouldn't even give us a shot of that area at all. We could barely get any measurements that the ultrasound tech needed. :( Doc told me I wouldn't have another scan until 21 weeks and then we could look for gender but I CAN NOT wait that long LOL I was planning on doing a 4D ultra sound anyway and there is place that will do gender scans at 16 weeks. So I went and scheduled my appt for Friday Feb. 21st. So a little over 2 weeks and I should know what my little monster is. Everything is telling me boy, got my fingers crossed lol

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:36 PM

were going to try the nub theory, but we can't confirm 100% until after 16+ weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)