Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Boy @ 13w5d

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

Here he is.. little Elias Ezekiel.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JacknJill
by Jackie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:55 PM
How cute! No more alien baby! This is going by too fast! Did you just find out the sex?
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:55 PM

awwwwwwww

doublejay38
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I knew it all along. But I also did the red cabbage gender test (which has ALWAYS been accurate for my pregnancies) and it said BOY. Today, I saw a penis and scrotum.. no triple line girl sono!!

Quoting JacknJill: How cute! No more alien baby! This is going by too fast! Did you just find out the sex?
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Aww
JacknJill
by Jackie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:05 PM
What is the red cabbage test

Quoting doublejay38: I knew it all along. But I also did the red cabbage gender test (which has ALWAYS been accurate for my pregnancies) and it said BOY. Today, I saw a penis and scrotum.. no triple line girl sono!!

Quoting JacknJill: How cute! No more alien baby! This is going by too fast! Did you just find out the sex?
NicLof2
by Nicole on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Red cabbage gender test?

Quoting doublejay38: I knew it all along. But I also did the red cabbage gender test (which has ALWAYS been accurate for my pregnancies) and it said BOY. Today, I saw a penis and scrotum.. no triple line girl sono!!

kslawmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Awww how cute!

doublejay38
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM
I can't really type all the istructions to the RCGT on my phone. But yall can pull up a thousand things on google. It has always been accurate for me and everyone I know who tried it. Most accurate before 10 weeks though. Red/pink = Boy.. Purple/blue = Girl
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Awww

CutieCrab
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Red cabbage gender predictor – I did it!

Katherine Martin

posted: February 29, 2012, 7:09 am

in: Mom Stories

35 comments

Yes, I’ve ventured into the ridiculous while waiting to see if my fourth baby is a boy or a girl. I stumbled upon the red cabbage gender predictor test in the August 2012 Birth Club and thought “oh what the heck”.

I’ve already stared for hours trying to discern a “nub” in my baby’s 12 week ultrasound. I tried the baking soda test(girl!), Chinese gender charts (girl!) and scoured the internet for every single gender legend that exists (50/50 boy-girl results). So I thought, what’s one more? Plus $1.50 for a cabbage is way cheaper than the gender pee tests they sell at the pharmacy.

Here’s how to do the test:

1. Buy a red cabbage (only red works, not green)
2. Cut up cabbage into small chunks (about two cups is what I’ve seen suggested, I used more but I like cabbage)
3. Boil water and pour over cabbage
4. Let sit for 10 minutes

boilingcabbage 224x300 Red cabbage gender predictor – I did it!

5. Drain the water from the cabbage reserving the water
6. Mix equal parts of cabbage water and urine – I’ve seen a few places suggest using “first morning urine”, but I’m not sure if that matters (I highly suggest using disposable cups for this part if you’re squeamish like me)
7. Analyze the color of the cabbage water/urine mixture. Pink/red means boy, purple means girl!

My results: Purple/Girl

redcabbageresult 224x300 Red cabbage gender predictor – I did it!

For those wondering, I have three boys, so I’m still thinking another boy is on the way…just going with odds here.

Is there any science behind this test? I interviewed a doctor (ahem, I asked my dad) and his scientific answer was “pee is pee”. So I’m going with no on that one. But it’s actually kind of fun. And now I’m off to search for some good red cabbage recipes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)