Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone considering ...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 18 Replies

Getting or considering getting a tubal after baby comes?

I am considering it & doing my research.

This is baby #4 for me, I will be 29 this year. 4 for 4 pregnancies I have developed a subchorionic bleed/clot & have been put on everything from light duty to 6 months of bed rest. Then come delivery time I end up with placenta issues resulting in Manual  removal. 

I am just not sure I can emotionally or physically handle anymore pregnancies. I am really feeling like something permanent is what I need to do this time. I am really struggling being on light duty with 3 kids and then on my "spotting" days I am laid up unable to do much. 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bump2b
by Sarah on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:17 PM
DH is getting a vasectomy after this baby is a few months old. It's less invasive for him & he very willing to get it done. Though if he was leaving it up to me I would have a tubal too. We are more than happy with three and truth be told I needed to convince DH into the third as he was happy with two. I don't feel I could do anymore pregnancies, this one I feel has been more emotionally challenging as I miscarried right before falling pregnant & can't imagine ever going back to the start & doing it again.

I think you know in your heart when your family is complete. I can say without a doubt we won't be regretting this decision.
widesmilesmommy
by Crystal on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM

i am !!! this is  a mirena baby lol !!! and my hubby is getting fixed also

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

If you want too, and feel it's the right thing for you - do it.

For me, were not done having babies yet.

mamaden3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I can relate, it is nice to hear from someone else who is feeling the same way. It took me 3.5 years to decide I would like one more. Now being pregnant and going through everything again I feel finished & complete with 4.

Quoting Bump2b: DH is getting a vasectomy after this baby is a few months old. It's less invasive for him & he very willing to get it done. Though if he was leaving it up to me I would have a tubal too. We are more than happy with three and truth be told I needed to convince DH into the third as he was happy with two. I don't feel I could do anymore pregnancies, this one I feel has been more emotionally challenging as I miscarried right before falling pregnant & can't imagine ever going back to the start & doing it again.

I think you know in your heart when your family is complete. I can say without a doubt we won't be regretting this decision.

Bump2b
by Sarah on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM
My first two are only 18 months apart & took us over 2 years to finally make our decision on the third. My eldest will be 4.7 & youngest 3.2 so will be nice to have a bit of an age gap this time, I'm going to need my little helpers. I know what you mean, I think each woman is born with a magic number & mine happens to be three, my heart feels full, couldn't imagine adding another :)

Quoting mamaden3:

I can relate, it is nice to hear from someone else who is feeling the same way. It took me 3.5 years to decide I would like one more. Now being pregnant and going through everything again I feel finished & complete with 4.

Quoting Bump2b: DH is getting a vasectomy after this baby is a few months old. It's less invasive for him & he very willing to get it done. Though if he was leaving it up to me I would have a tubal too. We are more than happy with three and truth be told I needed to convince DH into the third as he was happy with two. I don't feel I could do anymore pregnancies, this one I feel has been more emotionally challenging as I miscarried right before falling pregnant & can't imagine ever going back to the start & doing it again.

Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM
My dd was supposed to be my last. I will be getting fixedafter this baby, but i will have a c-section so hopefully it will all be done at once.

I may make df get fixed as well just in case.
ck8204
by Candie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I am! This baby has to be another c-section so I told my doc I wanted a tubal done while I'm on the table. He said he could just tie my tubes in case I change my mind later. I laughed so hard! I told him to take out as much tube as he could and burn the ends. This is baby #3, I'll be a month shy of 32 when this baby is born, and hubby has just 4 years left before retirement. We're done. Hubby will be getting fixed too, once I'm back on my feet.
MamaNickelatti
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I am. My midwife told me they can do it same day baby is born depending on the time. DH will so be getting a vasectomy. We were done after 2 so this baby will definitely complete our family.
Pitap
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:39 PM
It took us 4 yrs to decide we wanted 1 more baby... now I'm pregnant and I'm certain this is our last. We talked about him getting a V but he's not completely on board yet. :/ I'm not getting my tubes tied, I've already been through 2 c/s and a cystectomy, I'm NOT willing to subject my body to even more scar tissue. Plus his procedure would be way less invasive, so he can go... lol

Quoting mamaden3:

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Nope. We are planning at least 2 more kids. Dh wants 6 but I agreed to possibly 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)