Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound in an hour and I'm nervous! !UPDATE! :o)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

UPDATE: Sooo.. There were definetely TWO BABIES!! :o) We're having Twins! And my tech said that he could see one male body part, however he is just 75% sure because the two of them were cuddled together and he can be mistaken. But I am excited! The babies are healthy and I am happy - seems like we're gonna have 7 kids in the near future.. Thanks Mommas for your good thoughts. Now I am hoping for some girly fairy dust here :o)

So I have my appointment in about an hour and I'm nervous! I'm in my late 30s and the doc said there is a high risk of losing the baby or him/her being sick/underdeveloped. Then he said because we already have twins and they're common in both mine and dh's family, there's also a high chance of TWINS! Now I'm almost 14 weeks and with my youngest we found out he gender at the same time because he was in an awesome position and everything.

Now I hope everything goes well and we'll see what's going on in my belly. 

Just wanted to share and ask when you found out the gender of your baby(ies)? Have a great day mommas! :o)

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JacknJill
by Jackie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! They may be able to see gender at 14 weeks! Hopefully your tech is a good one!
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM

If your tech is really good, they may be able to get a gist of gender at 14 weeks, but you'd want to reconfirm around 20-24 weeks just to make sure. :P

FelSully
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I love my tech, he was the one to predict the age of my youngest at 14 weeks and I hope that he'll do it today as well but we'll see. :o) I'm just super excited and I'm hoping for a girl - after 5 boys!

Quoting kajira:

If your tech is really good, they may be able to get a gist of gender at 14 weeks, but you'd want to reconfirm around 20-24 weeks just to make sure. :P

mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I'm sure I'll be a bit of a basket case when I have my anatomy scan, presumably around 18 weeks. I'm over 40 and declined all the screenings so my ultrasound will be the first check on all those worrisome things. I'm throwing a handful of girl dust your way. ;-)
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Good luck & update us :) I go in for a gender scan at 3 today!
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Good luck! Yeah there are issues the older we get so I know how you feel! I will be 36 this year and have already had 2 miscarriages.
Pitap
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Good luck!!!
miracleblues
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Good luck love!!! Make sure to update us
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Thinking of you and waiting for your update.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Any update? :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)