Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitting OT venting

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
So here I am babysitting my sis 4 year old twin boy and girl. Is it bad that the boy is driving me crazy? Whenever he is around my ds who turns 3 in April he thinks he can act like my ds and get away with it. My ds doesn't even get away with this stuff. My favorite is my ds hit him(yes he was punished). But he thought it was ok to hit my ds back even harder causing ds to cry while he came to tell me that ds hit him, then lied about hitting him back.

Driving me nuts. Rant over sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kajira
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM

That's hard. Sorry the kids fights.

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM
It isn't even really fighting. Ds is picked up hitting for my 5 year old niece and we have been working on it. And my nephew picked up that that it is ok to hit back from daycare but he is much bigger than ds. I think I am just being hormonal. Makes me wonder why I want more though. Lol.

Quoting kajira:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Sorry hope it gets better
kajira
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM

awww, I know what you mean, I see my kids fight and my normally perfect toddler starting to throw tantrums due to the change in routine, sleep, dad not being here and getting ready to move and I wonder "what the hell were you thinking today"

LOL

But it will all work out. the nice thing about OTHER people's kids, is you can give them back. LOL

Quoting MamaTwinkleA: It isn't even really fighting. Ds is picked up hitting for my 5 year old niece and we have been working on it. And my nephew picked up that that it is ok to hit back from daycare but he is much bigger than ds. I think I am just being hormonal. Makes me wonder why I want more though. Lol.

Quoting kajira:

thurstensmom
by Beth on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM
It's frustrating when kids act like that, but even more so when they are some one else's...I love kids don't get me wrong but babysitting... not for me! Lol!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Can you talk to your sis and hopefully find a solution or proper punishment?
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Already done. Even if allowed I don't spank other people's children. I scold them both, time outs for an appropriate length of time, then they must both apologize in acceptable manners for their age (ds doesn't speak very well), and give each other hugs.

Quoting NicLof2: Can you talk to your sis and hopefully find a solution or proper punishment?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)