Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posterior Vs Anterior

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 4 Replies
My friend has had an anterior placenta during both pregnancies & had ended up having her babies in the posterior position. This got me thinking as to whether there was a correlation & did a little google research. From what I have read it can contribute to having a baby in the posterior position.

The thought of having a posterior baby scares me a little as I've heard its a lot more painful (both previous bubs were anterior).

Can anyone share their experiences of a posterior birth & whether their placenta may have been a contributing factor?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I have never been told where my placenta is.  I guess if its in an unusual location, they let you know.

Bump2b
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Sorry should have added that info, mine is anterior. Was covering the cervix partially but thankfully has moved off it but remains at the front.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I have never been told where my placenta is.  I guess if its in an unusual location, they let you know.

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I had my first sunny side up, not being allowed to move freely during labor is probably what contributed to his not turning.

My placenta wasn't in front with him, it was in back, my placenta's seem to always sink into the back. LOL

now, with him, i pushed for hours before of it, and wasn't allowed off my back and the whole birth was a nightmare, plus he had a 14 inch head.

My daughter, i was allowed to rock, walk, and move freely, she had a 13 inch head, and the different labor experience is why I think her birth was so easy.. not only could I move around as my body needed, but I wasn't stuck for hours on my back unable to move... so my daughter who was actually BREECH until right before I pushed her out, could flip.

my babies like to be in weird positions up until I give birth, but I truly believe that movement during labor is the key to success.

Bump2b
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Ouch! My friend needed assistance with delivery both times but had epidurals so she can't tell me much regarding pain.

I moved freely with my second and found it much nicer to be able to be upright most of her labour so was hoping to do that again anyway. I have my fingers crossed she will be an anterior delivery but if not, I don't want to know until AFTER delivery... Mind of matter lol!!

Quoting kajira:

I had my first sunny side up, not being allowed to move freely during labor is probably what contributed to his not turning.

My placenta wasn't in front with him, it was in back, my placenta's seem to always sink into the back. LOL

now, with him, i pushed for hours before of it, and wasn't allowed off my back and the whole birth was a nightmare, plus he had a 14 inch head.

My daughter, i was allowed to rock, walk, and move freely, she had a 13 inch head, and the different labor experience is why I think her birth was so easy.. not only could I move around as my body needed, but I wasn't stuck for hours on my back unable to move... so my daughter who was actually BREECH until right before I pushed her out, could flip.

my babies like to be in weird positions up until I give birth, but I truly believe that movement during labor is the key to success.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)