Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POLL :)

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you smoke?

Options:

yes

no, never

no, but I used to smoke

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janis_1975
by Janis on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I smoked from age 13-23 (quit in 1999) I smoked my whole first pregnancy and half of my second pregnancy. For some dumb reason I started again in 2003, but quit again as soon as I knew I was pregnant with my 4th baby she was born in 2004. Then in 2008 I smoked again for a few months, made myself quit again and have not even looked a another cigarette, this tie my husband quit with me, so it made it much easier to stay away from them, because I don't see cigarettes very often now. btw we never smoked in the house or car around the kids.  I am so happy we can both say now that we do not smoke :)

CafeMom Tickers
CutieCrab
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

No.  It is a disgusting habit.  Even you smokers know it is.  Lol.  My mom smokes, breaks my heart. When I was young I use to have nightmares of her dying from that habit!  Also my step grandpa had lung cancer, he died...  So I am scared for life to smoke....  Lol. :)

Janis_1975
by Janis on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I aree it is disgusting, and very hard to quit.  I m so glad I do not smoke anymore, both my parents smoked. My mom died at 56 and my dad almost died the first times at 45, he had a couples strokes and heart attacks, finally quit  smoking for good when he was about 60 years old and his health has improved a ton since, he is now 68.

Quoting CutieCrab:

No.  It is a disgusting habit.  Even you smokers know it is.  Lol.  My mom smokes, breaks my heart. When I was young I use to have nightmares of her dying from that habit!  Also my step grandpa had lung cancer, he died...  So I am scared for life to smoke....  Lol. :)

CafeMom Tickers
Daltonswife
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I use to but the smell and having a son with asthma made me quit. My hubs quit but still uses an ecig.

mommy211983
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I quit 9 years ago.Now the smell makes me sick.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM
No, I can barely snorkel and doubt I would be able to scuba dive.
srm8824
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to when I was a teenager. After my son I never smoked on a regular basis but would have the occasional cigarette (never while preg).
ck8204
by Candie on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I started smoking at 15 and quit before getting pregnant with my oldest. I picked it up again when he was 2. When he was almost 5. Asked me to pick him up so he could talk to me. He told me that he didn't like hugging me any more because I always stunk after coming in from outside, amd it made him sad. It broke my heart. I threw away the rest of that pack of cigs and haven't touched them since.
Janis_1975
by Janis on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM

awww

Quoting ck8204: I started smoking at 15 and quit before getting pregnant with my oldest. I picked it up again when he was 2. When he was almost 5. Asked me to pick him up so he could talk to me. He told me that he didn't like hugging me any more because I always stunk after coming in from outside, amd it made him sad. It broke my heart. I threw away the rest of that pack of cigs and haven't touched them since.

CafeMom Tickers
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I smoked from 17-29 years, quit with my first pregnancy and haven't picked it up in 14 years. Can't stand the smell of smoke anymore and don't want my kids to breathe smoke or have their clothes smell of smoke
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)