Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cramping at 16 weeks or is it movement

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
I feel a tighting of one side of my upper tummy like a ball and it goes away and my lower back at the same time cramps. I then feel bubbles popping. Any idea or anyone Else feel this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM

movement right now will feel like your tummy is rumbling lower in your abdomen, under belly button.

MamaNickelatti
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM
The tightening is probably Braxton hicks contractions.
CJs_mom_09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Contractions?! Should I worry seriously my 1st didn't feel anything like this

Quoting MamaNickelatti: The tightening is probably Braxton hicks contractions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM

i get them too. My OB said they are nothing to worry about unless they become regular and painful. I usually just take a rest or drink some water and they relax

Quoting CJs_mom_09: Contractions?! Should I worry seriously my 1st didn't feel anything like this

MamaNickelatti
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Nope, as long as there isn't a pattern and they go away you're good. You can mention it to your ob/midwife next appointment though.

Quoting CJs_mom_09: Contractions?! Should I worry seriously my 1st didn't feel anything like this

srm8824
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I was having this issue, too. The contractions finally seemed to subside. I still get them every now and then though.

Here is what you can do: Epsom salt baths, drink lots of water and lay down. 

Don't worry, it's not a big deal. I called twice because I was worried and now, 2 weeks later, all is well! 

mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I don't remember BH contractions until the end of my first pregnancy but I definitely have had them from 12 weeks with my other pregnancies. I feel a "squeeze" sometimes a little light headed for a second and then it relaxes. Drinking water helps though I also notice them most when my bladder is full.

CJs_mom_09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
That's exactly what it feels like a sqeezing. I'm def going to try what some of the others have said bc it's rather uncomfortable at times

Quoting mostlymaydays: I don't remember BH contractions until the end of my first pregnancy but I definitely have had them from 12 weeks with my other pregnancies. I feel a "squeeze" sometimes a little light headed for a second and then it relaxes. Drinking water helps though I also notice them most when my bladder is full.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)