Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of the name...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 15 Replies
Aniah? I like somewhat unique but not weird names. My older daughter is Jada Faith. I'm not sure about spelling cause I want it easy to pronounce at first glance. I also love the Hebrew meaning of this name "God answered" because this baby was a miracle after being told we had 0 chance of conceiving on our own. Thoughts on the name or spelling?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Cute and I think the spelling is fine because there will always be someone who will say it wrong.
MamarazziTo2
by Kendra on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
It's odd to me only because my daughter's name is Nyah. So the 'A' at the beginning throws me off. Her name is Nyah Grace :) Nyah means "lustrous, goal, purpose" according to a site I saw it on (after naming her) and is "Gaelic, Swahili". I'd never heard the name before until I had a dream about it when I was 5mos pregnant with her. I dreamt that my husband came home from work one day saying he wanted to name her that. It took me 4yrs to get pregnant with her (I was also told we had no chance of conceiving on our own) so I thought it was pretty fitting! I feel like she chose her own name :)
Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM
That's interesting. I have thought of the name Nyah too or thought of spelling my name Anyah. Still need to talk to my hubby about names more but he's in the middle of tax season. I just keep coming back to this name though over the last couple years. I didn't realize it but the name is in the bible but spelled Anaia but with so many vowels I'm afraid it would be mispronounced a lot more.

Quoting MamarazziTo2: It's odd to me only because my daughter's name is Nyah. So the 'A' at the beginning throws me off. Her name is Nyah Grace :) Nyah means "lustrous, goal, purpose" according to a site I saw it on (after naming her) and is "Gaelic, Swahili". I'd never heard the name before until I had a dream about it when I was 5mos pregnant with her. I dreamt that my husband came home from work one day saying he wanted to name her that. It took me 4yrs to get pregnant with her (I was also told we had no chance of conceiving on our own) so I thought it was pretty fitting! I feel like she chose her own name :)
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a nice name.
Pitap
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I like it :) Very pretty.
MamarazziTo2
by Kendra on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's cool! I never knew that name was in the bible. I think it's a pretty name, just hard for me to get used to the a in the beginning. Haha

Quoting Curlgurl: That's interesting. I have thought of the name Nyah too or thought of spelling my name Anyah. Still need to talk to my hubby about names more but he's in the middle of tax season. I just keep coming back to this name though over the last couple years. I didn't realize it but the name is in the bible but spelled Anaia but with so many vowels I'm afraid it would be mispronounced a lot more.

Quoting MamarazziTo2: It's odd to me only because my daughter's name is Nyah. So the 'A' at the beginning throws me off. Her name is Nyah Grace :) Nyah means "lustrous, goal, purpose" according to a site I saw it on (after naming her) and is "Gaelic, Swahili". I'd never heard the name before until I had a dream about it when I was 5mos pregnant with her. I dreamt that my husband came home from work one day saying he wanted to name her that. It took me 4yrs to get pregnant with her (I was also told we had no chance of conceiving on our own) so I thought it was pretty fitting! I feel like she chose her own name :)
srm8824
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I would pronounce it  like uh-ny-uh. 

Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Good! That's what I want. I don't want (uh-nee-ah) or something like that.

Quoting srm8824:

I would pronounce it  like uh-ny-uh. 

kajira
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM

An-eye-Ah is how i'd say it.

nikki4eva88
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I love it. I almost always see it with a y instead of an I.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)