Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

medicine question

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
I can't find my list of safe medicines so I figured I'd ask here. What cough medicine is safe when pregnant? I'm 20 weeks and my cough is getting so bad its giving me a migraine and it's a really constant cough. I have avoided medicine this whole prrgnancy, but I just can't take it tonight :-(
Thanks ladies
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AKmom11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Not sure about medicine, but have you tried honey? Growing up my mom would put honey on a spoon and heat it just slightly over the stove and give it to us for a cough. It coats the throat nicely. Hope you get relief soon!
SouthernSweetT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried honey on a spoon, sitting in a steamy room and honey lemon tea. I'm just not getting any relief and its getting worse. Wahhhhhhhh. Sorry had to whine for a minute! Thanks for the good wishes and the suggestion!

Quoting AKmom11: Not sure about medicine, but have you tried honey? Growing up my mom would put honey on a spoon and heat it just slightly over the stove and give it to us for a cough. It coats the throat nicely. Hope you get relief soon!
Jennybenny01
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

According to a paper my doctor gave me we preggers can take alcohol free children's cough syrup like Robitussin DM.

NicLof2
by Nicole on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I can't find my list either. Sorry. Call your OB in the am. Feel better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)