Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it a guy thing? OT *rant*

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
  • 25 Replies
Or is it just MY husband...so I got upset with him last night and told him why, and my feelings about the subject...somehow it's now flipped around and he's giving me the silent treatment? To the point where he left for work this morning without saying goodbye or giving me a kiss...and today is our anniversary and he's said nothing to me...not returning my texts either? Hello! I was the one upset, how am I now the bad guy for letting him know? Fyi....this is pretty typical but frustrating none the less!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaNickelatti
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM
My husband dies the same thing but never into the next day. I think he mostly gets upset because he realized he was wrong.

Sorry your DH still isn't talking to you :( Hopefully he'll come home in a good mood and you can enjoy your anniversary.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM
:( I'm sorry! Hope he comes around and your anniversary tens out to be a good. I don't understand men so I'm no help! Lol
thurstensmom
by Beth on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 AM

yeah mine tends to hold onto it for a few days then he'll say "I thought you were mad so I was keeping my distance" it's BS that I even know that's whats going to happen because that's how it ALWAYS happens! He wonders why I don't like to "express" my feelings to him!?!? Ummm because THIS happens..UGH Men!!!

Quoting MamaNickelatti: My husband dies the same thing but never into the next day. I think he mostly gets upset because he realized he was wrong. Sorry your DH still isn't talking to you :( Hopefully he'll come home in a good mood and you can enjoy your anniversary.

thurstensmom
by Beth on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha I don't either...he always pulls this on me, so frustrating! :P

Quoting NicLof2: :( I'm sorry! Hope he comes around and your anniversary tens out to be a good. I don't understand men so I'm no help! Lol

Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM

My husband acts the same when confronted, but not still the next day & he actually will put forth effort to change what ever the issue is. I hope your husband comes home and surprises you with something special!

Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I think a lot of guys tend to b like that
thurstensmom
by Beth on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah hubby is VERY pig headed, I wish he would actually try to change the situation but he gets SO mad when confronted...so I'm not going to hold my breath on a surprise LOL! I'll just do whatever I had planned, kill him with kindness, then he'll see he's being an ASS...maybe!? LOL!

Quoting Vannah_Kaye:

My husband acts the same when confronted, but not still the next day & he actually will put forth effort to change what ever the issue is. I hope your husband comes home and surprises you with something special!

Freckles85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM
My husband and I have a great relationship. We're grown and dont really do the silent treatment. That's so immature!! I've been with him 11 years and not once have we gone to bed mad ay each other.
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't know if it's a guy thing, my husband's never done that to me in 8 years of marriage, but I have dated more then one guy before who DID behave that way and it's one of many reasons we aren't together. I don't like that kind of behavior.

My husband believes we should never leave angry, and even if were struggling, we should always kiss before he goes to work and he'll tell me he loves me. Even if we were having a disagreement moments before hand. It's just something he feels strongly about.

thurstensmom
by Beth on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Yes, he is being immature! I don't think having disagreements though means we don't have a great relationship...we've been together 14 years, arguments happen occasionally, it's normal!

Quoting Freckles85: My husband and I have a great relationship. We're grown and dont really do the silent treatment. That's so immature!! I've been with him 11 years and not once have we gone to bed mad ay each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)