Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poor kiddo

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 24 Replies

My 6 year old (7 0n the 30th)  Had 3 baby root canals done in March. today I had to take her back because her gum had a bump on it. She had to have one of the teeth she had worked on last month pulled out today.  She did great though, but when she got home she started crying.  So gave her some motrin and pudding and she is feeling better.

Man I just wish her teeth would stop needing so much work.  She has had so much dental work done since she was 3 years old.

I hope her adult teeth are better then her weak baby teeth. I have never been so happy to she baby teeth fall out, she has last 7 already this year, the adult teeth that have come in look good so far:)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor thing hope she gets better soon
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest son was cursed with bad mouth chemistry. He's my best brusher and the only one to get cavities. His younger brother fake brushes his teeth, drinks and eats more sugary stuff and his teeth are fine. That kid needs to learn his lesson.
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, i'm sorry she's had to have so much dental work!!

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I know - Tell me about it? My daughter is anal about brushing her teeth every night and even encourages her older brother to brush his teeth... but he won't do it properly unless I stand over him and I'm just too tired lately to do it. LOL

Quoting mostlymaydays: My oldest son was cursed with bad mouth chemistry. He's my best brusher and the only one to get cavities. His younger brother fake brushes his teeth, drinks and eats more sugary stuff and his teeth are fine. That kid needs to learn his lesson.

Janis_1975
by Janis on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I tell ya, teeth are expensive, lol.

My 6 and 9 year old had a lot of work done.  and my 12 and 14 year old now have braces, thank God for insurance :)

CafeMom Tickers
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have always had those kind of teeth. Honestly I believe that it was because I always had sugar issues since I was 8. I know it sucks but do anything you can to protect her molars/ permanent teeth. I am missing 4 molars now and I still need 2 more taken out. Those could have been saved with sealants when I was a kid. Good luck , hope she feels better soon
thurstensmom
by Beth on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor kid teeth issues are awful, luckily my kids are blessed with teeth like their daddy's cuz mine are bad :( I had a lot of cavities as a kid and the fillings are all going bad one right after the other :(
NicLof2
by Nicole on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe poorly sweetie! Hope she feels better soon!
srm8824
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no!! Did they put her under?

Root canals are the worst. I had teeth like that when I was a kid. I was so prone to cavities that I literally was always needing work done. It was not due to lack of brushing or too much sugar either.,. it was just my teeth!

I don't get nearly as many cavities as I did back then so there is hope!!
jhcz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My 7 year old teeth are like that, poor kid has had the worst luck in the teeth department. He has 2 permanent teeth so far and they look good but the rest of his baby teeth are always needing work and the worst part is he is scared of the dentist so they have to put him under evey time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)