Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pissed!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:04 PM
  • 3 Replies
They said my sugar came back to 154 versus the norm of 140. They then wanted me to do the 3 hour test but said I would still have to do the regular one at 28 weeks. I have no problem going low carb since that's my preferred way of eating anyway, I have only gained a single pound this entire pregnancy and I never got gestational diabetes with my previous pregnancies and I actually weighed more! I declined that follow up 3 hour test and will just do the regularly scheduled on in the next couple of months! I didn't fully fast before the test having almonds and a protein shake so it may have skewed their results.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Janis_1975
by Janis on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

From my understanding you only have to fast during the 1 hour after drinking the drink they give you.

But it could be the sugar in the protein drink that messed it up.

spidermonkey090
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM
You don't have to fast but be mindful of what you eat.
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM

They also have a huge ratio of false positives on those tests, which is why I don't drink them.

What I'd suggest is ask for a fasting glucose test, then an after eating your normal meal test and see what your sugars are... that's a more accurate representation of your day to day sugar levels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)