Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Mamas--How long are you planning to take for maternity leave?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM
  • 23 Replies

I generally take at least 2 months for maternity leave.  What about you?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nymom4life
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm taking 12 weeks, would take longer if it was an option. It's so hard to go back when they are so little. Wish the USA would have higher standards for maternity leave.
NYnewmom81214
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Right now I am unemployed but looking for work. I do have a seasonal job that starts back up in November but I am hoping to find something a little sooner than that. I go stir crazy when I am not working and it has been really hard because the season ended in April and I have been home since.

Josie_P
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:43 AM
I own my own business. I won't really give myself a standard maternity leave. I can set my own hours but I'll probably take at least the first couple of weeks off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:33 AM
I will get 8 weeks and then I am expected to return
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Since I am on leave now, and with a possible c-section..I'm going to be off for a while. I am already itching to get out of the house and back to work though. I'm sure that will change once little man gets here!

Jaybay223
by Jess on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:45 AM
12 weeks, then going back just part time.
agtech219
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
It WAS going to be 6 weeks then part time, but dh just got a job as a prep cook at a schmancy catering company (will be doing other job as well part time to keep airport badge) so we decided I'll try this whole sahm thing. I stayed at home with my 1st ds for his first year, and he's 8 now so we will see how that goes. I'm pretty excited!
MichelleBelle37
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will take at least 8 weeks (that's all I'm allowed at my work), but I hope it stretch it out to 9 or 10 weeks if I can.

MommyStar3343
by Chloe on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
12 weeks. Although it doesn't seem long enough!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loralismommy224
by Ashley on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I'm so jealous of all y'all "12-weekers!" It'll just be 8 wks for me bc that's all we can afford. Alabama has little-no maternity help :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)