Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do you wish was there when baby is born?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:02 AM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this
With time getting close to our babies being born, who do you wish was there to celebrate with you? Mom, dad sister, brother, grandparent, BFF or who? My parents live here and Dh's mom will be coming in near my due date, but I really wish my grandma was here for when I had my 1st girl. My grandma has a lot of grandkids but since my mom took care of her, we were close and I was her favorite. I know she's here in spirit but I'm really missing her for some reason since I'm having a girl. I know she would be really proud. It makes me smile to think of what Nick name (they are big in my family) she would give my little princess.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bump2b
by Sarah on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I do wish my Grandparents were here to meet this baby. They were alive when my other children were babies & would love for them to not only meet this little one but see how much my other two have grown... Everyone else will be here to celebrate the arrival - except for Dad who lives interstate. So I'm sure he'll be bombarded with 50 photos a day until he meets her.
Josie_P
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband :(

I am blessed though because I'll have my parents, mil, sister, and SIL all there for me. But I really do miss my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYnewmom81214
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I too wish my grandma was here. She passed away a little over 6 years ago. Since my family and her fathers family is so vastly spread apart there really isn't many who are celebrating here with us. Throughout this whole pregnancy I have wished my grandma was here because she would already be so spoiled by now even though she isn't even here yet. In the really good moments I know that Katharine will have a special gaurdian angel looking over her and even though she will never meet her great grandma I will tell her about her when she is old enough.

thurstensmom
by Beth on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother in law passed away when my DD was a baby, my son was 5 and remembers him (he used to call him uncle jay jay) I wish he could have met this baby too and I wish my daughter had gotten to know him...its very sad that he was only 29 when he passed and he was my hubby's only sibling so we kind of feel like we are all my MIL has left, she gets really emotional about him missing out on his niece and nephew, he loved them so much :(
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 AM
:-( Where is he? Deployed?

Quoting Josie_P: My husband :(

I am blessed though because I'll have my parents, mil, sister, and SIL all there for me. But I really do miss my husband.
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
There's quite a few but seeing as the loss of dad is really fresh and he was existed to have a new baby on the way and he said from the start that it was a boy and he had already ask if he could be with me or at least the first one there I really wish he could b it's so hard I miss him so munch it seems like just yesterday it was bday and we took him to diner at chillies his fav y did he have to leave us so unexpectedly :(
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM
My Mom, my husband and my MIL. I guess it depend when I deliver though for example at night, then my Mom would stay with the kids while they slept. If in the morning the my Mom and hubby but not sure about my MIL.
ele2837
by Erika on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My aunt. She committed suicide in 2008. It took me a long time to deal with a lot of that, but lately its been bothering me that she never got to meet my daughter and won't be able to know this one either. Before her addiction really had her, we were very close. She always wanted a daughter, but only had sons. I was her girl. My daughter's would have been so special to her.

My brother and sister-in-law are going to miss the birth. My brother just left for his two weeks for the national guard, comes back for a week then leaves until September for job training (he's an engineer). My sister-in-law leaves in two weeks for officer school and won't be back until September also. I'm really going to miss having them there.
Josie_P
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM
He passed away in December.

Quoting mostlymaydays: :-( Where is he? Deployed?

Quoting Josie_P: My husband :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My hubby missed the birth of our oldest son and it still makes me sad years later. I'm ok with just him, my mom, and my sister in there. Maybe my two closest friends. But that's it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)