Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was hoping for a vbac, but....

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

My doctor told me on Thursday that she wants me to just go ahead and schedule my c-section. I am rather disappointed, but I understand where she is coming from. With my first, I was in labor for 18 hours after my water broke, I only dilated to a 4 and she never came down at all. I am super tiny, less than 5'0" and I basically have no hips. She said I probably only have 5% chance of having a successful vbac. 

Part of me wants to schedule it for 41 weeks that way if I do go into labor on my own, we can at least see what happens. Then another part of me thinks just schedule at 39 or 40 and be prepared. I was not prepared for a c-section last time and I feel like it made my recovery that much worse. We also have no family where we live so finding someone to be with our 2 yo while in labor, whenever that happens, might be quite the challenge. I am conflicted and a little sad. 

Thoughts?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I personally would fight for at least a chance at a vbac but in the end whatever you feel is best for you/your family that's the right decision. I know it's not a very helpful response but I wish you luck in deciding.
Jordypop
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I partly feel like she just wants me to go ahead and schedule because it is what is convenient for her, I am still thinking on it. I won't see her for another two weeks so I have time to make up my mind. 

Quoting Proud-mama-05: I personally would fight for at least a chance at a vbac but in the end whatever you feel is best for you/your family that's the right decision. I know it's not a very helpful response but I wish you luck in deciding.


Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Yeah that's probably the exact reason she's pushing one. It's much quicker for her instead of just waiting around for hours to wait and see what happens.

Quoting Jordypop:

I partly feel like she just wants me to go ahead and schedule because it is what is convenient for her, I am still thinking on it. I won't see her for another two weeks so I have time to make up my mind. 

Quoting Proud-mama-05: I personally would fight for at least a chance at a vbac but in the end whatever you feel is best for you/your family that's the right decision. I know it's not a very helpful response but I wish you luck in deciding.

Freckles85
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM

My thought is try for the vbac and if all fails then have a csection!! 

cortney.mae
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM
That's very annoying that she's doing that :( I would also try for a vbac first. She's getting paid, so you don't need to cater to her. That's just my opinion though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYnewmom81214
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I am only consenting to a C-Section if it is medically necessary and if they feel that the baby is in danger. Although there are times where I think a C-Section is the best route to go but this is my first baby so....

ZPK
by Mandi on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM
My doctor was like that with my second, then finally admitted he doesn't "have time" for a vbac because he would have to be at the hospital the whole time I labored because that was hospital policy with a vbac. I switched to a doctor around 28 weeks that was much more supportive and had a very easy/successful vbac. I am so glad I tried for one. Do what you are comfortable with, but know for some doctors a c section is just more convenient for them.
MamaNickelatti
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I agree 100%

Quoting Proud-mama-05: I personally would fight for at least a chance at a vbac but in the end whatever you feel is best for you/your family that's the right decision. I know it's not a very helpful response but I wish you luck in deciding.
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM

and she makes more money off you.

I would try for the vback and not go to the hospital too early. Start doing prenatal yoga squats daily, starting now.

Quoting Jordypop:

I partly feel like she just wants me to go ahead and schedule because it is what is convenient for her, I am still thinking on it. I won't see her for another two weeks so I have time to make up my mind. 

Quoting Proud-mama-05: I personally would fight for at least a chance at a vbac but in the end whatever you feel is best for you/your family that's the right decision. I know it's not a very helpful response but I wish you luck in deciding.



CafeMom Tickers
Jordypop
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, my husband said the same thing about her making more money off of us. So frustrating. I shall start my yoga squats right now. 

Quoting Janis_1975:

and she makes more money off you.

I would try for the vback and not go to the hospital too early. Start doing prenatal yoga squats daily, starting now.

Quoting Jordypop:

I partly feel like she just wants me to go ahead and schedule because it is what is convenient for her, I am still thinking on it. I won't see her for another two weeks so I have time to make up my mind. 

Quoting Proud-mama-05: I personally would fight for at least a chance at a vbac but in the end whatever you feel is best for you/your family that's the right decision. I know it's not a very helpful response but I wish you luck in deciding.



Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)