Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One wrong move and so much pain!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
A little background, I've already been battling SPD pain, (just got a mommy support belt on Friday). It only bothered me after sitting for a long period, when turning over, or when putting pants on.

So, DH and I were working on the nursery yesterday. I went to slide the crib box, put my foot against it to give it a shove, and my pelvis gave way instead of the box. There was a flash of stabby pain and a feeling like something popped in there.

I'm pretty sure I either pulled a muscle or tore a ligament. I'm limping, hobbling around. I can't get up normally, pivot, or take anything other than baby steps.

I called my midwives, and they can't get me in until Wednesday. They'll call if something opens up sooner.

I called in to work today, because I really can't walk well. Seriously. It's 3.5 blocks from my parking structure to my office, and that walk alone would be excruciating.

What do I do?! Have any of you dealt with an injury in this region? I've iced it, soaked in the tub, and took acetaminophen once. It's been 24 hours+ and I'm just so uncomfortable! I need some tips/advice ladies!
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kslawmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM
I would go to a chiropractor asap. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. :(
Jaybay223
by Jess on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I would definitely NOT see a chiro until I knew what was going on. Ugh, that sucks. I hope your midwives can get you in sooner, or it starts feeling better :)
-Viva-
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I've been going about every two weeks. I'm concerned that if there is a ligament or muscle injury, that the chiropractic adjustment could tear it further, pushing it past the normal range of motion, kwim?

I'm actually swollen, and it hurts externally to touch the area, which leads me to believe it's more than alignment.

Does that make sense, or am I paranoid? (Lol)

Quoting kslawmama: I would go to a chiropractor asap. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. :(
srm8824
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry... no advice but I hope you feel better asap.

I have the crotch pain when I roll over, lift a leg, etc.

kslawmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Mine is really good about that stuff. I tore my knee up and I had drs telling me I needed surgery. I went to my chriro and he saw me weekly for therapy and I didn't need surgery. But I do have an awesome chriro. I was having issues with sciatica nerve earlier this pregnancy and he did wonders and I haven't had any hio issues which I normally do.

Quoting -Viva-: I've been going about every two weeks. I'm concerned that if there is a ligament or muscle injury, that the chiropractic adjustment could tear it further, pushing it past the normal range of motion, kwim?

I'm actually swollen, and it hurts externally to touch the area, which leads me to believe it's more than alignment.

Does that make sense, or am I paranoid? (Lol)

Quoting kslawmama: I would go to a chiropractor asap. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. :(
Pitap
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Ouch! I'm sorry, I have no experience with this, but I just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon!!!

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Um ouch! Hope you feel better soon!
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Oh I am sorry.

I know not to move anything with my feet specialy pushing to the side. I can feel it with just a little push with my foot, so I have never really pushed anything hard.  

I would defiantly taken it easy. hope you heal fast.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)