Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this as messed up as I think? ot

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM
  • 18 Replies
Last night dh and I went out for a movie, after our ds kicked us out of the house when the sitter arrived. Seriously he kicked us out! Anyway, we watched a 7:20 movie and it was suppose to last nearly 3 hours. We get into the theater and take the very last 2 seats next to eachother.

At first we didn't think to much about it but there was a girl no more than 5 next to us with her mom and 2 brothers. The eldest boy may have been 8. The movie was rated PG-13.

5 minutes into the movie the little girl was visibly bored and couldn't sit still. Many time I saw he out of the corner of my eye simply staring at me. But what got me isn't that it was late, or that the child was moving constantly is was the mother. She would tell her daughter to sit down and "Shut up!"

As the movie wore on and it got to the action scenes that were getting pretty violent the little girl turned around in her seat covering her face terrified. The mom then roughly grabbed her arm and yanked her into her lap again telling her to shut up. I felt so bad for the little girl. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Just proves that just because you can have kids doesn't mean you should
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

awwwww that is horrible! 

CafeMom Tickers
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Oh my. How awful. What movie was it? Just put of curiosity? But that's terrible!!
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
It was Transformers 4. It was really good btw. Probably the most violent of all 4 though.

Quoting JenG20: Oh my. How awful. What movie was it? Just put of curiosity? But that's terrible!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pitap
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Oh man... that's so sad... Some people.

ele2837
by Erika on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing!

Quoting MixedCooke: Just proves that just because you can have kids doesn't mean you should
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:31 PM
We went and saw that last night too. It was awesome but much too violent for young kids. :-/ it also solidified in my mind it would be the last movie i saw before Lil man arrives because I had to pee so much. I got up three times to pee. Lol.
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I got up 3 times too!!!

Quoting skylarkdancer: We went and saw that last night too. It was awesome but much too violent for young kids. :-/ it also solidified in my mind it would be the last movie i saw before Lil man arrives because I had to pee so much. I got up three times to pee. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thurstensmom
by Beth on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Wow! :(
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

O.o I can't imagine taking my kids to transformers 4.... Hell, I prescreened Malefecint before i'd consider letting my kids watch it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)