• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy leg cramps!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this
I woke up last night 4 different times with extreme leg cramps in my calves. Once in my foot. Hope this doesn't become a thing!

On a side note: I hit a huge personal pregnancy milestone! I made it passed my initial preterm labor time frame from my daughter! Woohoo! Now if I can just hold this baby in until July 5th I'll be the most pregnant I've ever been. :-) The main date I have in mind is July 10-17. My doctor said that week is slightly debatable, but anytime after that if I go into labor they will not life flight me by helicopter to Anchorage, at that point they will allow me to deliver here in the hospital of my hometown! I get to stop taking progesterone July 17th which just happens to be my daughters 2nd birthday. :-) Yay!
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaybay223
by Jess on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM
That's all so exciting!! I'm with you on the leg cramps---staying hydrated seems to help the most for me :)
AKmom11
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the tip! Them babies are not fun!

Quoting Jaybay223: That's all so exciting!! I'm with you on the leg cramps---staying hydrated seems to help the most for me :)
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Yay but boo to leg cramps hope it passes
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM
That's awesome for the big milestone! I hit the one today so I can stay and deliver in my town. Whew. Yay for these passing weeks! I hope the legs cramps ease up! :( sounds like not much fun!
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM
If you take calcium/magnesium supplement you won't have thr leg cramps. I take the blue bonnet liquid kind but any kind would do.
Jaybay223
by Jess on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I forgot---but this helps too!

Quoting skylarkdancer: If you take calcium/magnesium supplement you won't have thr leg cramps. I take the blue bonnet liquid kind but any kind would do.
srm8824
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:04 PM
That's a huge milestone and super exciting!! :)

Sorry about the cramps. Maybe some magnesium or calcium would help?
yoali305
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Yay for the milestone hope you make it really far so you can deliver comfortably! Hope the cramps don't come back or get bette:-/ I got my first this pregnancy today and it was in a place I had never gotten one my hip so weird and painful :-(
spidermonkey090
by Sarah on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM

awesome milestone....i get leg cramps sometimes not fun

CafeMom Tickers
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM
No fun at all..I've been getting Charlie horses in my hips and thighs..being hydrated didn't seem to make a difference for me..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)