Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

So iv been thru a birth before and none of this is new to me... however the last 4 days iv had a real issue thinking im going to deliver early.. i mean like anytime. Im currently 31 weeks tomorrow and freakin out that my intuition will be right.. The last 2 days i havent felt baby as much. He was active sunup to sundown not going more than an hour without tons of movement but now the movement i am feeling seems to be small flutters and such low to my vag... I didnt feel this with my daughter till like 36 weeks! I know i should call the doc to express my concerns but i feel that theyre going to tell me what i already know. To relax drink cold water and do kick counts.. well thats hard to do with a toddler running around needing constant attention and dh working ot all the time! Is it possible that baby has dropped already????!! Help!

Update:

So after having another day of not much movement i'd had enough. After work, i called my OB dept at the hospital i will be delivering at. They told me that they would call my doc and she should call within 45 mins from then. About a half hour later, i got a call from my docs nurse who said they wanted to see me right away. Apparently my doc doesnt take "decreased movement" lightly. I had no idea how serious it was to her! NOW I KNOW... I made sure to tell the nurse over the phone that i could still feel my lil guy, but it was very low in my pelvic and had not made any "big" movements like normal.. She said either way she wanted to see me. So i had to wake my daughter from her nap, hurry to drop her off at my grandparents house(who babysit on short notice), and by this time it was 4:30pm and they wanted me there by 4:45.. I couldnt think one single thought all the way through and was speeding most of the way.. I figured that if they deemed it necessary for me to be seen right away this could potentially bad.. Well got to the office and taken back right away(which has NEVER happened since i'v switched to this doc) and was evaluated within 10 mins. My doc did a pelvic and some fetal something test to determine whether i was going to go into labor within the nexrt 2 weeks. That test was going to take 2 hours to get back.. So my cervix was closed and "long" and i was not effaced yet. She did another swab test to make sure i didnt have any infection and i did not. She felt my belly and said that baby WAS head down. She decided to rule out any further distress with baby by sending me to the hospital (which is right across the road from the clinic) to get a NST done.. And also to make sure that baby wasnt engaged in my pelvis for labor. That was scary! I hadnt had to do anything like this with my dd's pregnancy!  But as soon as i laid down to put the belts on, baby started moving all over. In fact they had to chase him to get the belt on to monitor his heart! UGH... Ok so i felt like a total dumbS***... I dont want to be "that patient" who will call and freak out about every little thing.. Ok so anywho, i ended up getting a fetal profile ultrasound done to make sure there was adequate fluid, the baby's extremities were all moving and heart looked good. Everything was normal! By this point it had been two hours! Wow how time flies when your head is swimming with negative thoughts. My doc came in at this point and stated that everything looked amazing and that baby was in no distress. Also that my "early labor test" had come back negative which means no early labor for this mama, or at least not for the next two weeks! THANK GOD!!!! I was told that if anything should change or get worse to come back again, but as of today we're both healthy and still going strong! YAY! I appologized to the doc again for freaking out and for not letting her eat dinner (haha) and she was totally empathetic towards me saying thats why she is there and that if i felt better than she had done her job! She made me feel so much better with ruling out all those things to help ease my mind (and hers of course). Oh and by the way, baby was NOT engaged in my pelvis and while i was getting the NST, had done a total flip without me knowing, and was butt down or breech at the end of the appt.. LITTLE STINKER! 

So needless to say after having a rough 2-3 days, my mind being a mess, not getting any sleep and having to work and all the mommy stuff.... I'M EXHAUSTED! Man i hope i have an uneventful next 9 weeks till delivery! Or at least to make it to 36 weeks! 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Definitely possible that baby dropped already. And I've noticed my little one slowing down since 29-30 weeks some days. Some days she is so super active all day long and others she's only super active a few times a day. I read today that at this point baby is sleeping 90-95 percent of the day.
Wulf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Im pretty happy im not the only one who has noticed a slowdown this early.. i guess i just assumed that it wouldnt happen till closer to my due date.

Quoting JenG20: Definitely possible that baby dropped already. And I've noticed my little one slowing down since 29-30 weeks some days. Some days she is so super active all day long and others she's only super active a few times a day. I read today that at this point baby is sleeping 90-95 percent of the day.
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM
I'm 34 weeks and have been feeling thr same way the past few days ..movements haven't decreased but become painful. And I feel he has dropped very low.
Wulf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The movements havent become painful but slowed. He seems to be pushing directly on my bladder all the time making me feel like i have to pee. So when i drag myself to the bathroom i only go a bit. Then 10 mins later i feel a strong urge to have to go again and so on...

Quoting skylarkdancer: I'm 34 weeks and have been feeling thr same way the past few days ..movements haven't decreased but become painful. And I feel he has dropped very low.
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM
My baby definitely feels like she dropped so i did yoga and stood on my head to get her ass back up!!! Lol jk

Her moving is about the same some days less than others. My lady parts H.U.R.T to boot today that iam so NOT making dinner tonight im 34w1d and absolutely ready for her to come but we're on her clock so im just patiently waiting. Have you tried a sugary drink?? The further along we get the less we feel movement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here!

Quoting Wulf: The movements havent become painful but slowed. He seems to be pushing directly on my bladder all the time making me feel like i have to pee. So when i drag myself to the bathroom i only go a bit. Then 10 mins later i feel a strong urge to have to go again and so on...

Quoting skylarkdancer: I'm 34 weeks and have been feeling thr same way the past few days ..movements haven't decreased but become painful. And I feel he has dropped very low.
Wulf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Yes i had iced coffee this am and a soda this afternoon and no change. I know it gets less eventually but i figured i had time since i didnt feel this till 36 weeks with dd.. is it possible that im feeling things earlier this time cause i know what to expect? I definitely dont think im more in tune this time cause im too busy with my toddler.

Quoting IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ: My baby definitely feels like she dropped so i did yoga and stood on my head to get her ass back up!!! Lol jk Her moving is about the same some days less than others. My lady parts H.U.R.T to boot today that iam so NOT making dinner tonight im 34w1d and absolutely ready for her to come but we're on her clock so im just patiently waiting. Have you tried a sugary drink?? The further along we get the less we feel movement.
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You have a toddler. I have a 7yro, 6 yro and 18mo lol im super busy but still notice what my lil inside monkey is doing lol yep! You can definitely feel things earlier than last time every pregnancy and baby is different no two, three or four are the same. I would call and let my midwife know im concerned and for peace of mind, most likely he's just comfy and sleeping or in a position you can't feel him move in.

Mmmmm coffee!!

Quoting Wulf: Yes i had iced coffee this am and a soda this afternoon and no change. I know it gets less eventually but i figured i had time since i didnt feel this till 36 weeks with dd.. is it possible that im feeling things earlier this time cause i know what to expect? I definitely dont think im more in tune this time cause im too busy with my toddler.

Quoting IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ: My baby definitely feels like she dropped so i did yoga and stood on my head to get her ass back up!!! Lol jk Her moving is about the same some days less than others. My lady parts H.U.R.T to boot today that iam so NOT making dinner tonight im 34w1d and absolutely ready for her to come but we're on her clock so im just patiently waiting. Have you tried a sugary drink?? The further along we get the less we feel movement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bump2b
by Sarah on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It may be that baby has dropped but also can disengage too as it isn't your first. They can bob in & out right up until delivery. My baby has been in & out since 30 weeks, I'm 35+2 weeks now & yesterday peed every five minutes because she was so low. I also had immense pressure on my lady parts, felt like labor was imminent at any moment. She's moved up a little today, the pressure isn't as bad.

Keep an eye on movement & if you're worried call the Dr.
Wulf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Wow i had no idea that they could move back up once theyre down there! Thanks for the insight!! Maybe thats what is goin on.

Quoting Bump2b: It may be that baby has dropped but also can disengage too as it isn't your first. They can bob in & out right up until delivery. My baby has been in & out since 30 weeks, I'm 35+2 weeks now & yesterday peed every five minutes because she was so low. I also had immense pressure on my lady parts, felt like labor was imminent at any moment. She's moved up a little today, the pressure isn't as bad.

Keep an eye on movement & if you're worried call the Dr.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)