Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just have a "feeling"

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this
I just have this feeling that babies are coming soon. I had this feeling with my last baby & he was born 3 days later. I'm 35 weeks today & really hoping to make it 1 more week but I was told that the average gestation for twin moms to go into labor is 35 weeks. I'm getting excited & nervous...Excited to not be pregnant & meet my boys but nervous about delivery because it will be nothing like what I want.

Anyone else ever have that feeling & then have baby soon after?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Not I! Lol. I had no clue with my first. I went to bed after feeling completely fine and normal all day and woke up at 3 am and had him 4 hours later at 38 and 2, then with my second I had to be induced so it was out of my hands there too! I wish I would have had a sign or feeling so I'd have a heads up this time!
ambs86
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I dont remember if I did with my other kiddos, but this time around I have had the same dream over and over. That my water breaks when I am home alone with my 4 boys and in it I tell my ride to the hospital that I am only 36and a few days!!! So we shall see, my water has never broke on its own, but I have a feeling this time
itwill.

I think 35 is pretty good for twins, good luck for if they come this week!!!!
spidermonkey090
by Sarah on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM

i had a feeling with my second one. I just had the urge to pack all the bags in the car before my doctor's appt. at the doctor's appt. i was sent to the hospital because my water was slowly leaking. I was 37wks

CafeMom Tickers
srm8824
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Well, I hope they stay put another week but 35 weeks is good!

I definitely did not have that feeling. My water broke 3 days before my due date and I waited (a very long) 3 days for labor to start. This time I have a feeling she will come before her due date but who knows.
Pitap
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Nope! Every time I thought baby was coming, I was wrong. I thought my last one would make her appearance at 36 weeks and she was my latest at 39 weeks and (I think) 1 day.

Dani1009
by Group Admin on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Why won't your delivery go the way you want? Just curious, as I'm having twins also. But we are planning for a natural labor & delivery unless they don't come on their own by 37 weeks.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:46 AM

i just doubt that I will make it into August and that this one will probably come at the end of July.

charity987
by Charity on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Because of the type of twins (MoDi) they are taking every precaution. My MW told me to expect this to be my most medical birth ever. (My last one was an unassisted homebirth). IF both babies are head down, I can try for a vaginal birth but I will give birth in the OR. I will have to deliver laying flat on my back so that the can try to hold the 2nd baby in position & watch for their placenta to try to come 1st or prolapsed cords. It's just really anti everything I know about birth. But I also realize there are huge risks involved in the birth of these babies. I just want it to be done & over and be in the other side of it. My last birth was not like that. I very much looked forward to my birth experience. And when I found out I was pregnant again, I was excited to get to have the experience again. But I guess it's not meant to be this time.

Quoting Dani1009: Why won't your delivery go the way you want? Just curious, as I'm having twins also. But we are planning for a natural labor & delivery unless they don't come on their own by 37 weeks.
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I onlt get the feeling a day or 2 before.  I just feel off, hard to explain.

I hope you make it to at least 35 weeks. 

CafeMom Tickers
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I totally understand. A c-section was the least idea of a good birth experience I wanted, and it's what ended up happening for the safety of my twins. :( I'm still having issues/flashbacks/trauma from the experience and it wasn't all that horrible... 

Be very specific if you have a c-section not to let them give you ketamine.

Quoting charity987: Because of the type of twins (MoDi) they are taking every precaution. My MW told me to expect this to be my most medical birth ever. (My last one was an unassisted homebirth). IF both babies are head down, I can try for a vaginal birth but I will give birth in the OR. I will have to deliver laying flat on my back so that the can try to hold the 2nd baby in position & watch for their placenta to try to come 1st or prolapsed cords. It's just really anti everything I know about birth. But I also realize there are huge risks involved in the birth of these babies. I just want it to be done & over and be in the other side of it. My last birth was not like that. I very much looked forward to my birth experience. And when I found out I was pregnant again, I was excited to get to have the experience again. But I guess it's not meant to be this time.
Quoting Dani1009: Why won't your delivery go the way you want? Just curious, as I'm having twins also. But we are planning for a natural labor & delivery unless they don't come on their own by 37 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)