• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your SO/hubby going to be taking any paternity leave after baby is born?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 29 Replies
I haven't even thought to ask hubby but generally he does take a few days depending when baby is born. What about yours? Is he able to?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyslate
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I'm having a c-section on a Wednesday so he is taking that day through the following week off, and may work from home the week after.  He's got a pretty flexible job so he doesn't really report vacation/personal time off anyways (lucky him).

Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM

My husband can take off anytime he wants and for as long as he wants.  He has told me he will take a week off when baby comes :)

CafeMom Tickers
kslawmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Mine gets 10 days BUT because it the military he may not get those 10 days right away. He has up to a year to get to use it. They are low maned right so who knows. I'm sure he will get it right away though just because he's station captain is pretty awesome.
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM
He has a week of vacation scheduled the week of August 10th and we turned in FMLA papers in case she comes before so I was hoping he'd take two weeks but he says he's only taking one and not even the weekend too because that's the biggest OT pay. 😡😡😡 but we'll see.
spidermonkey090
by Sarah on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:56 PM
My DH has 2 weeks of vacation and the company gives him a week for bonding time. So 3 weeks. He keeps telling me to have the baby so he can start vacation
Jennybenny01
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM

My DH is taking 2 weeks off.

redneck.crazy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM
DH is taking his 2 wks vacation. I'm excited. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaulsWifey09
by Melissa on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM
My dh is taking 2 weeks off starting when the baby is born and then he's taking another week off in September!
gracefullysteph
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Hubby is taking off 2 weeks. He already has someone available to cover his shift when the time comes! Of course, that only translates to 6 12 hr shifts so it's not bad at all
ck8204
by Candie on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM
DH gets 10 days of baby leave. Then, as long as he doesn't make chief this cycle, he'll be taking an extra 35 days off. If he makes chief (gets promoted) they'll still allow him his 10 days, but will cancel his big leave chit. We should know in a week or two if he made it or not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)