• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

confused abt my

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
Appointment yesterday w midwife..I have 3 midwifes and in.last month I have heared a diffrent story from all three of them.abt my cervix and dilating....I was told in hospital.by one of them.that I.was 60% thinned out and 1cm dilated last week I was told I was still 60% but now almost 2 cm dilated and that my cerviz was very soft...yesterday t other midwife says iam still closed and my cervix is hard ..really ..any suggestions? Not only that iam 38 weeks and iv been gaing 4 lbs every week is this normal?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM

This is why cervical checks mean nothing, each person does them different.

as for the weight gain, do you have any swelling, it could all be swelling/water weight.  Make sure you are drinking enough water to help.

I have gained more weight in the last few weeks also, I had some bad swelling days that showed on the scale. I drank over 100 oz of water and lost 3lbs and my swelling went down :)

CafeMom Tickers
oaxaca3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have swelling hands and feet and I drink alot of water.....
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM
My doc hasn't even checked my cervix!
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 7 midwives and only had one cervix check but to avoid the same situation you have it will be the only one i will have done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
THIS!!!!!! And they're just guesstimating by feel, not like they're jamming a ruler up there. Not that it matters at all. Unless a head is popping out your cervix then keep waiting.

Quoting Janis_1975:

This is why cervical checks mean nothing, each person does them different.

as for the weight gain, do you have any swelling, it could all be swelling/water weight.  Make sure you are drinking enough water to help.

I have gained more weight in the last few weeks also, I had some bad swelling days that showed on the scale. I drank over 100 oz of water and lost 3lbs and my swelling went down :)

ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I'm guessing I will be getting checked next week when they do the group b. 

MichelleBelle37
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless you have the same person checking each time, they are all going to say something different. I've had three different people check me, and they've all asked me what the last person said before they would tell me anything. Ha!

mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM
They're just as wishy washy when they do the fundal measurement. One will say you're measure right on, another says 3 cm too small and another says 2 cm bigger.

Quoting MichelleBelle37:

Unless you have the same person checking each time, they are all going to say something different. I've had three different people check me, and they've all asked me what the last person said before they would tell me anything. Ha!

oaxaca3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Thanks ladies for the responses
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)