• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Bedrest"

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I'm 35+4 today with twins and had my OB appt. My doc was like, "Stephanee. You're still working? Why?" Ummmm....because it pays money? He was concerned with my frequent (FREQUENT...and kinda strong, regular) contractions and told me to knock it off. So I'm on "bedrest" now because apparently working as an RN is not conducive to keeping twins up in there until 37 weeks.

I have to say tho, I've been really blessed with this pregnancy. I haven't had any major problems and the boys are still up in muh business hanging out, gaining weight, and staying healthy.

Besides, I can hang out with my older boys more and get done with their rooms!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I'm glad that besides bedrest for a couple of weeks, your feeling pretty good and the babies are doing well.

froggiegirl94
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM

My doc told me to stop working and  to take it easy because I went into labor at 33 weeks. Not sure what caused it so they were worried I was working too hard and told me to take it easy. 35 + 4 now 

JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Enjoy the extra rest for a few weeks! It will go quick!!
thurstensmom
by Beth on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM

That's great you and the babies have done so well...I hope you get to enjoy some rest time before they come :)

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:59 PM
It's still good to have made it so far with twins! Time to relax now while you can!
MsDenuninani
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM

A friend of mine was put on bedrest with twin boys around 34 weeks.  She didn't really pay that much attention, still moving around the house and going shopping, etc.  She wasn't working, though, and she delivered at 37 weeks.

Glad to see you haven't had any complications.  I say go to the movies.  That's what I'd do if I got prescribed bed rest.

IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Rest and enjoy the time with your boys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briyawna
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Ya Ive always said Id go crazy on bedrest.. But with how tired I am.. I think Id welcome it with open arms lol..at least for a couple weeks..
Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Haha! This sounds so typical RN to me! Me and several coworkers have done similar things. Way to hang in there working but now for some will deserved rest and bonding time with your older kids before the babies get here. Glad the doc ordered you to be at rest :-)
srm8824
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Enjoy your rest!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)