Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh my..back to school shopping!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

So it's that time of year again..woohoo =) I really want to go shopping and get my DD all set for her 2nd grade year..but just standing up and walking from the living room to the kitchen really kicks my butt lol. Looks like it's going to be a LONG shopping trip since I will be taking MANY breaks lol. We just need new shoes and new clothes and we will be ready =) Tempted to hit the mall..but it may be a little too much for me..I just don't want her to feel like I can't spend this time with her because I'm pregnant..I'm scared she's going to resent the baby for some reason..I already had to send her with someone else this year to the water/theme park (she still had a blast..probably hurt my feelings more than hers!)

baby development

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
srm8824
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Maybe you can bring someone along to help you out?
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

DH will be tagging along! but he's usually no help..lol =) I usually help my dd try on pants and stuff to move things along faster..but not this year she can do that all on her own lol.

Quoting srm8824: Maybe you can bring someone along to help you out?

OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I am lost this year.... It had been 4 years since we have been in a public school. I am so used to buying polos and khakis. I don't know how to dress her
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM

It's not easy! We have a pretty strict dress code..can't buy any skinny jeans or leggings, (nothing tight) the jeans can not have the in style "rips" shirts can't be revealing..cant be too low or too tight. So when we go shopping everything is usually skinny jeans or tight..or something my almost 8 year old shouldn't be wearing! I'm not sure how it is in other states/towns but we are in Indiana..the dress code alone is stressful..I feel like it would be so much easier to just have polos and khakis! 

Quoting OliviaLouise29: I am lost this year.... It had been 4 years since we have been in a public school. I am so used to buying polos and khakis. I don't know how to dress her

Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Yeah I know what you mean I walked the mall for 3 hours with 6 kids on Saturday, I did have to sit a couple times.  I also walked 7 hours ata an amusement park a week before that.  Had nice big swollen feet for hours after.

Fun times!! LOL

I would take her, just go slow.

CafeMom Tickers
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:45 PM

we have a strict dress code also, makes it hard for the girls. Fo rmy son not hard at all, just has to wear collared shirts and nice jeans.

Quoting ninjanessa:

It's not easy! We have a pretty strict dress code..can't buy any skinny jeans or leggings, (nothing tight) the jeans can not have the in style "rips" shirts can't be revealing..cant be too low or too tight. So when we go shopping everything is usually skinny jeans or tight..or something my almost 8 year old shouldn't be wearing! I'm not sure how it is in other states/towns but we are in Indiana..the dress code alone is stressful..I feel like it would be so much easier to just have polos and khakis! 

Quoting OliviaLouise29: I am lost this year.... It had been 4 years since we have been in a public school. I am so used to buying polos and khakis. I don't know how to dress her

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)