Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So ready to be done *rant*

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I have been a bit busy lately so I haven't been around and I apologize ahead of time that this is going to be a bit a rant but I'm feeling alone and so I'm just looking for a place to vent.

Well, I have a seizure disorder and so I have been high risk my entire pregnancy being overseen by an OB, perinatologist, and neurologist. All was going pretty well with minor complications along the way nothing too bad or concerning. Well, a couple of months ago, I show up to my regularly scheduled OB appointment to find out that my OB office had closed and reopened in the same space under a different name with mostly the same staff, except (of course) my dr. They keep seeing me, saying they will assign me to a dr, and coincidentally around that time I start started having seizures again. Neurologist ups my AEDs (anti-epileptic drug) and I keep getting shuffled between the neuro, perinatologist and different OBs because I haven't been assigned to another OB and so I'm no longer officially anyone's "case" anymore and no one wants to stick their neck out, so I demanded to be assigned a new OB. Finally they agree to assign me to a dr, but last week I had a massive grand mal seizure so I ended up in labor and delivery. I do not know how long I lost consciousness but it was really scary. When I got to L and D I was have contractions five minutes apart, was about 2-3 dilated and 60% effaced. They gave me seizure meds via iv and they spaced out but they kept me in the hospital a couple days. I am now on another AED on top of my other one, and just waiting. I am terrified. I did not want to be on more medication for fear of it's effect on JJ but now with how bad the last seizure was, there is no question, and I'm terrified what could happen if I have another. I am scared of labor inducing another seizure but my OB won't do a csection before 39 weeks and no one seems to think I will last that long (lil man is measuring in the 98th percentile). I feel like my body isn't a safe place for my baby and I feel like such a failure. :( I just want him safe in my arms.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
thurstensmom
by Beth on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Im so sorry hun, that all sounds so scary and I would feel the same way :( I hope baby makes an appearance soon and I hope the seizures stay away until then! ((Hugs))
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds so scary, praying the rest of your pregnancy goes a bit easier. I can't imagine the stress you are going through. I would be so fed up with the obs. <hugs>

spidermonkey090
by Sarah on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so frustrating with your doctor. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy runs smoothly. I also have epilepsy. I had a seizure in April. I understand how scary they can be especially pregnant.
Jessicak916
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Thanks guys.  It really helps to just feel heard, even.  This whole situation is is frustrating and scary and completely out of my hands.  Thank you for listening.

Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM

((hugs))

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Sounds very scary! Did they caution you against having a baby or trying a ketogenic diet even during your pregnancy to reduce the incidents of seizures?
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I would consider calling up a university hospital and talk to them to see if they'd help you.

JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM
:((( so sorry you are going through this! I hope they get their crap together and give you better care!
Briyawna
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Prayin for ya
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)