Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back labor???

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM
  • 10 Replies
What causes back labor?? Anytime I ride in the car for too long anymore I start having intense contractions and horrible horrible back pain! This is new to me and sucks! Seems to get better as soon as I get up and out of that position.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briyawna
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Not sure...never had back labor...Ive heard its worse than normal labor..
Bump2b
by Sarah on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I've never had it but heard baby's position can cause back labour.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM
There's not one thing that causes it. Baby's position can make it worse. If her back is in your back. My contractions last night was in my back and they were mild but owe. So I'm scared I'm gonna have back labor with her. I hope you don't!
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:19 PM
That's how I am wondering if she is! I swear I can feel her legs and stuff out front. Shouldn't I be feeling her back?!

Quoting NicLof2: There's not one thing that causes it. Baby's position can make it worse. If her back is in your back. My contractions last night was in my back and they were mild but owe. So I'm scared I'm gonna have back labor with her. I hope you don't!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Yes. Mine is face down I feel her butt but last night they told me the back cramps I'm having is contractions.

Quoting JenG20: That's how I am wondering if she is! I swear I can feel her legs and stuff out front. Shouldn't I be feeling her back?!

Quoting NicLof2: There's not one thing that causes it. Baby's position can make it worse. If her back is in your back. My contractions last night was in my back and they were mild but owe. So I'm scared I'm gonna have back labor with her. I hope you don't!
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Did you go in?? I was about ready to earlier but things have calmed down. But I don't know what the heck I am feeling! She confounds me! I definitely don't think she is face down.

Quoting NicLof2: Yes. Mine is face down I feel her butt but last night they told me the back cramps I'm having is contractions.

Quoting JenG20: That's how I am wondering if she is! I swear I can feel her legs and stuff out front. Shouldn't I be feeling her back?!

NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM
They sent me in me cause I had light bleeding when I wiped and pain in the top OG my stomach. When I got there I was having back cramps too. That's when she told me the pain in my back and top of my stomach was real contractions but the cerclage is holding steady and will keep baby in.

Quoting JenG20: Did you go in?? I was about ready to earlier but things have calmed down. But I don't know what the heck I am feeling! She confounds me! I definitely don't think she is face down.

Quoting NicLof2: Yes. Mine is face down I feel her butt but last night they told me the back cramps I'm having is contractions.

Sonylena
by Selena on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I'm pretty baby B is sunny side up too. Not looking forward to that....

mtjrmhr
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I think it is the position of the baby but not 100% sure just know it hurts like hell
Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
It is usually caused by baby being sunny side up and laying on your back. Do a lot of hanging out on hands and knees and rocking your hips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)