• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just have to deal!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM
  • 17 Replies
Having painful contractions and back labor again tonight but just have to deal with the pain till Monday. Doc said the cerclage is strong and holding steady so no matter how bad the contractions get nothing will happen as long as the cerclage is in. That's good because I want her to stay in but DANG back contractions hurt bad.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM
:( sorry you're in pain! As you read in my post I know how ya feel! I hope Monday gets here soon for you!!!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Yeah that's why I think you might end up with back labor too but I hope you don't. I really want to hold out till the 1st. They ate taking the cerclage out Monday so we'll see.

Quoting JenG20: :( sorry you're in pain! As you read in my post I know how ya feel! I hope Monday gets here soon for you!!!
Briyawna
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry.. hope time speeds up for ya.
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM
What is back labor if you don't mind me asking. My sister in law told me with that amount of pressure and back pain I am in that delivery will not be fun, but I've never really heard of back labor before.
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! The first is my next appt and it's killing me waiting so long to find out her position! Just have a talk with your girl and tell her she needs to wait! ;)

Quoting NicLof2: Yeah that's why I think you might end up with back labor too but I hope you don't. I really want to hold out till the 1st. They ate taking the cerclage out Monday so we'll see.

Quoting JenG20: :( sorry you're in pain! As you read in my post I know how ya feel! I hope Monday gets here soon for you!!!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM
“Back labor” refers to the pain and discomfort that laboring women experience in their lower back. Although most women will feel a degree of achiness or slight cramping in the back at some point during labor, about a quarter of all women report experiencing severe discomfort in the lower back that is most intense during contractions and often painful between contractions. Back labor can often be accompanied by an irregular contraction pattern, labor that is slow to progress, and a prolonged pushing stage.

What Causes Back Labor?

A frequent cause of back labor is the position of the baby. Positions such as occiput posterior (when baby is facing the mother’s abdomen) can cause pressure from the baby’s head to be applied to the mother’s sacrum (the tailbone). The result can be intense discomfort during labor. However, a baby in an odd position does not always result in back labor. Similarly, back labor is not always the result of a baby’s positioning. Some research has shown that a woman who experiences back pain during her menstrual cycle may be more likely to experience back labor regardless of the baby’s position.

That's what Americanpregnancy says.

I had it with my 1st. It was horrible!

Quoting Mommy2TwoBoys23: What is back labor if you don't mind me asking. My sister in law told me with that amount of pressure and back pain I am in that delivery will not be fun, but I've never really heard of back labor before.
OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

can you put a heating pad on it or take a hot bath?

OliviaLouise29
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I had it with my first too. i was fine at first but when the back labor set in the baby's position made it so painful. I couldnt relax between contractions and it wore me out and made it so difficult to concentrate and labor, it was just all pain. They turned her inutero to get her to face down.....which also hurt like hell....it really put a wrench in my natural/no drug labor.

Quoting NicLof2: “Back labor” refers to the pain and discomfort that laboring women experience in their lower back. Although most women will feel a degree of achiness or slight cramping in the back at some point during labor, about a quarter of all women report experiencing severe discomfort in the lower back that is most intense during contractions and often painful between contractions. Back labor can often be accompanied by an irregular contraction pattern, labor that is slow to progress, and a prolonged pushing stage. What Causes Back Labor? A frequent cause of back labor is the position of the baby. Positions such as occiput posterior (when baby is facing the mother’s abdomen) can cause pressure from the baby’s head to be applied to the mother’s sacrum (the tailbone). The result can be intense discomfort during labor. However, a baby in an odd position does not always result in back labor. Similarly, back labor is not always the result of a baby’s positioning. Some research has shown that a woman who experiences back pain during her menstrual cycle may be more likely to experience back labor regardless of the baby’s position. That's what Americanpregnancy says. I had it with my 1st. It was horrible!
Quoting Mommy2TwoBoys23: What is back labor if you don't mind me asking. My sister in law told me with that amount of pressure and back pain I am in that delivery will not be fun, but I've never really heard of back labor before.

NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Have done both. Feeling a little better. Trying to just relax.

Quoting OliviaLouise29:

can you put a heating pad on it or take a hot bath?

NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Mine too I wanted natural so bad with my 1st but I couldn't handle or relax with the back labor. I caved and got the epidural. I really wanted to try this one natural since it's our last.

Quoting OliviaLouise29:

I had it with my first too. i was fine at first but when the back labor set in the baby's position made it so painful. I couldnt relax between contractions and it wore me out and made it so difficult to concentrate and labor, it was just all pain. They turned her inutero to get her to face down.....which also hurt like hell....it really put a wrench in my natural/no drug labor.

Quoting NicLof2: “Back labor” refers to the pain and discomfort that laboring women experience in their lower back. Although most women will feel a degree of achiness or slight cramping in the back at some point during labor, about a quarter of all women report experiencing severe discomfort in the lower back that is most intense during contractions and often painful between contractions. Back labor can often be accompanied by an irregular contraction pattern, labor that is slow to progress, and a prolonged pushing stage. What Causes Back Labor? A frequent cause of back labor is the position of the baby. Positions such as occiput posterior (when baby is facing the mother’s abdomen) can cause pressure from the baby’s head to be applied to the mother’s sacrum (the tailbone). The result can be intense discomfort during labor. However, a baby in an odd position does not always result in back labor. Similarly, back labor is not always the result of a baby’s positioning. Some research has shown that a woman who experiences back pain during her menstrual cycle may be more likely to experience back labor regardless of the baby’s position. That's what Americanpregnancy says. I had it with my 1st. It was horrible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)