Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate that I dont know what real contractions feel like!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
Since this is my first time being pregnant I don't know if I am just having BH contractions or real ones.... I am 37 weeks today which doesn't help because if it is real I don't want to go to soon and if it's not I don't want to look like a paranoid crazy....
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh you will know mama! No worries. They will be intense and painful and won't go away with laying or drinking water or changing positions.
leebles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Okay thank you!

Quoting JenG20: Oh you will know mama! No worries. They will be intense and painful and won't go away with laying or drinking water or changing positions.
Briyawna
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Yes you will know real ones from BH. And dont worry about lookin crazy going in... better safe thansorry..
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM

yep you will know.

with my first I woke up at 4am to a contraction, I went pee and then tried to lay back down, but couldn't it hurt to much.

You will know :)

CafeMom Tickers
dtb-mommy
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM

For my first my water broke before i had any contractions and she was breech so they did the c section right away. For my second they did an emergency c section at 37 weeks due to complications. So even though this is my 3rd pregnancy i have no real idea what labor really feels like. 

I have been having what i think is labor off and on for a few days now. But right about when i am getting ready to go to l&d it stops. First i get period like cramps. I feel them in my stomach and thighs. Then my back starts hurting. Then i get intense pain in my back, thighs, and stomach about every 8 to 10 minutes. The whole time i have an ache in my back and thighs but it gets worse during the contractions. This goes on for 2 to 3 hours at a time then suddenly stops. I am so frustrated. After a couple hours i feel like it is time to go but my hospital is an hour away so i worry that by the time i get there they will have stopped and the nurses will think i am nuts.

I am just figuring that it'll be like how everyone says. That when it is really time i will just know. But then again there were several times through these last few days that i felt like i was definitely really in labor. Idk...i'm confused too.

mtjrmhr
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:19 PM
There is no mistaking them you will definately know!
Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:10 AM
There will be a drastic difference and you won't have to question it. Also with it being your first baby you will have some time to work with. You very likely will not wait too long at home etc.
srm8824
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:31 AM
You will know... They get more intense.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM

I remember when i was in actual labor but its been over 4 years, so I dont remember how they actually feel except like the worst menstrual cramp ever and actually having the baby feels like the most massive poop you have ever taken!

leebles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Thank you ! That is really helpful :-) This needing antibiotics during labor thing has made me paranoid I think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)