Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to give birth in a car

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 8 Replies
At least that's how i feel. My contractions were very painful and when they switched the monitors and finally started reading, they were 6 minutes apart. If i would have had changes in dilation, i would have been admitted.

I fought to sleep all night and have finally given up on that idea. I can't sleep t hough them anymore.

In the short period of time i did sleep, i dreamt that i gave birth in a car because i refuse to go to the hospital just to be turned away again. I guess it's because of my frustration. I'm mad at my body. How can i be in so much pain and it all be for nothing? I wouldn't mind the pain so much if it was for its reason...aka dilating.

I'm just venting. The doctor suggested I wait until the contractions are 2-3 minutes apart before coming in since they aren't very productive. Anyone else have this issue?

I will try all the natural ways of getting my body going these next few days, I just feel very disappointed. Sorry for the rant.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ambs86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Me! Contractions were 3 minutes apart Wed and no dilation at all! Still having contractions but I refuse to go in until I am screaming.
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Sorry good luck hope LO comes soon
ele2837
by Erika on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:18 AM
This has happened to me twice only mine are 3-4 minutes apart. The first time I went in and was turned away when I didn't dilate enough. They stopped 2 hours after leaving the hospital. The second time I waited it out and after 7 hours they stopped. I love 30 minutes from the hospital. If it starts feeling close again I may go labor at my grandmother's house because she is about five minutes from the hospital. That way I feel better about waiting until the last minute. I hope yours start doing something soon. I'm frustrated too with the pain that seems like its for nothing and the false alarms
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Yeah I'm going to wait it out as long as possible too!
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Before I gave birth to my daughter, I had contraction runs of 2-3 minutes apart for up to 6+ hours, with no dilation changes. Sometimes your body's just gearing up and practicing to get things ready to go when it's "time"

NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I'm sorry. Hope it speeds up for you!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I'm sorry. Hope it speeds up for you!
MichelleBelle37
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Sorry you aren't progressing. I hope you start to see some dilation soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)