Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish there was a way to tell??

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM
  • 8 Replies
I know I'm posting a lot the last few days. I was 2 cm three weeks ago I am 37 weeks now and I have had contractions for 2 days on and off now. and I had bloody show. I wish there was way to check and know how far dilated I am. When I check I can tell it's open but I don't know how to measure how much. And I can fell what feels like baby's head.
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Briyawna
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 finger = 1 cm ...basically.
Thats what Ive read anyway.. I havent tried checking myself though. I wont be checked again until Monday..
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be poking around in there. Sure it will happen for you soon and poking around in there can just introduce infection.
noey31308
by Noelle on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM
I know I. Just saying cuz my hospital is so far away. It would e nice to know how far I am so I now when I should go
Or if I should just hunker down and call 911 lol.

Quoting JenG20: I wouldn't be poking around in there. Sure it will happen for you soon and poking around in there can just introduce infection.
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Heck if it gets that bad I would!

Quoting noey31308: I know I. Just saying cuz my hospital is so far away. It would e nice to know how far I am so I now when I should go
Or if I should just hunker down and call 911 lol.

Quoting JenG20: I wouldn't be poking around in there. Sure it will happen for you soon and poking around in there can just introduce infection.
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Ooh you'll know when the time is right. Just no poking around lol no bueno
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Just listen to what your body is telling you.

I had my last baby at home unassisted, I didn't need to know ho wmany cm I was dialated, my body just told me when it was time.  

For my babies I had at the hosptial, I knew it was time to go when I would go in the bathroom to pee and I would get a contraction that put so much pressure down there that I couldn't get up until it was done. I went to the hospital with #'s 2-5 at 7cm dialated. 

Quoting noey31308: I know I. Just saying cuz my hospital is so far away. It would e nice to know how far I am so I now when I should go Or if I should just hunker down and call 911 lol.

CafeMom Tickers
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:34 PM

How can you even reach to check yourself?! The idea of checking myself hasnt even crossed my mind! lol 

Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:36 PM

right lol.  I can't reach mine either.

Quoting ninjanessa:

How can you even reach to check yourself?! The idea of checking myself hasnt even crossed my mind! lol 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)