Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hmmm... Update

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
I either full on peed myself or my water gushed when I sneezed about 15 min ago.

I figured I just peed myself. :-/ lol

But I said the same thing with My daughter at first.

Now I just had a contraction. So I'm not sure.

But I usually have 1 or 2 good contractions a day that pattern started on Thursday. So it's pretty normal for me. I feel great. Don't think it was anything to get excited about.

I also haven't lost my plug yet. Can your water break if you haven't lost your plug or had a bloody show yet?

I feel like such an idiot!

Update: I'm pretty confident I just peed myself. Oops. I haven't had any more gushes since then. Contractions were about 12-15 min apart for a bit, but never got any closer than that. With my daughter I had a little gush of fluid like I did today. I figured I just peed myself then too. Come to find out her head was blocking it. 6-8 hours later I had a full rupture. I think that's what made me slightly paranoid today. :-)

Regardless, I am feeling great and had a wonderful afternoon walk and dinner date in the sunshine with my mom. I still have 2 1/2 weeks until my due date (August 14) and I'm feeling good so I'm in no hurry to rush it. Although I am getting rather excited to meet our little man!
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Has there been any more leaking than just that once? If not it's probably not your water.
MammaKoi
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Yes you can sad to say, Mine broke at 32wks with my first son and I had to pee BAD. It broke and then it was a bulging water sac they said and I was about 7-8cm and it broke the rest of the way. 730am-1133am was how long my labor was. I was driving and it broke, thought I peed but went home contractions started coming at every 10mins and got to every 2mins and I went in sure as heck It broke. 

Put a pad on keep checking it and just time the contractions if your starting to get them now. 

srm8824
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I didn't lose my plug with DS and my water broke. I also didn't have any contractions either.
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:05 PM
I've had my water spontaneously break with my first, never saw anything that was like a plug. When they broke my water with the other 3 (even after being dilated to 3 cm over 3 weeks) I never saw anything like a plug those times either.
nrsmama4
by Jamie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Mine broke right after I went pee. I stood up after I the toilet and pop! Wasn't a gush per se, but I knew it was my water when each time I'd walk or move a little more would squirt out... I never had strengthening contractions, bloody show, OR loss of a mucous plug.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:55 AM

My water was leaking and I dont believe I had lost my plug by then

Pitap
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Just wondering if it was your water or not! Update us when you can! Good luck!

IloveLacey
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:00 AM

This is number six for me and I've never noticed losing my mucus plug nor have I had bloody show. So I'd say yes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)