Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Mother is driving me crazy again!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

I told her specifically that I wanted to get back to my healthier diet since I majorly fell off the wagon this last trimester and also mentioned that I want to really work on getting back in shape since I plan on maybe becoming a cop next year.  Well what do i see in my refrigerator as I am grabbing a cold water before leaving for work, not one but 2 pies, lemon merengue and key lime, my favorites!  Ugh!  She was just commenting how great it was that I have only gained 1 lb. this pregnancy and then turns around and does that??!!  Im thinking it has more to do with the cop thing than the baby thing though.  I mainly want to become like a homicide detective, but you are required to put in some time as a patrol officer first.  : /  I might not even pass the physical given my age and current physical state!  I just like to be forward thinking to stay motivated to get back in shape!

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
srm8824
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:59 AM
She made you pies?! Maybe she was just trying to be nice...
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:03 AM

No she bought them.  Yeah I know because we show our love through our food but its that she contradicts herself, saying to me in one breath that I need to lose weight or is happy that I havent gained much but then buys me junk food as a reward?!

Quoting srm8824: She made you pies?! Maybe she was just trying to be nice...

Briyawna
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:14 AM
I get why youre upset bout the pies.. but its not like you have to eat them all at once...
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:30 AM

i know but I have a very weak willpower where I am fine if i dont have it in the house and wont go out and buy it for myself but if its in the house, I will eat it if i see it.  Do you think I could freeze them??  I know you can freeze pies but not sure about ones that are already baked.

Quoting Briyawna: I get why youre upset bout the pies.. but its not like you have to eat them all at once...

ele2837
by Erika on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:05 AM
That's tough :( my mom has type 1 diabetes and works hard to be healthy, so she's really good about supporting me when I'm trying to do the same.

My husband's family has a few diabetics and almost always has sugar free dessert options. Interesting though that since I've dealt with GD this time they no longer have sugar free dessert options at family events and his grandmother always makes sure to try and pass me a giant piece of cake then acts like she forgot. I swear that woman hates me because I actually parent my child and don't allow her to spoil the crap out of her like she does with the others....and yet she wonders why mine is the only child not running around breaking things...sorry got side tracked lol.

Sorry the temptation is right there. I don't normally have the will power to not give in to stuff like that. Only reason I can handle it when I'm pregnant is the GD scares the crap out of me. I'm so afraid of having anything like that in the house after she is born because I really need to keep up the healthier eating habits.
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Yeah that's hard I'd b upset too but it's not like u have to eat them
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
That's what bothers me even more! She does have diabetes and I'm afraid to get it, so I'm always doing low carb to try and prevent myself from getting it! She always comments on my weight so then why buy me crap then??!!

Quoting ele2837: That's tough :( my mom has type 1 diabetes and works hard to be healthy, so she's really good about supporting me when I'm trying to do the same.

My husband's family has a few diabetics and almost always has sugar free dessert options. Interesting though that since I've dealt with GD this time they no longer have sugar free dessert options at family events and his grandmother always makes sure to try and pass me a giant piece of cake then acts like she forgot. I swear that woman hates me because I actually parent my child and don't allow her to spoil the crap out of her like she does with the others....and yet she wonders why mine is the only child not running around breaking things...sorry got side tracked lol.

Sorry the temptation is right there. I don't normally have the will power to not give in to stuff like that. Only reason I can handle it when I'm pregnant is the GD scares the crap out of me. I'm so afraid of having anything like that in the house after she is born because I really need to keep up the healthier eating habits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)