Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soooo my midwives dropped a bomb on me...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:35 AM
  • 16 Replies

I had my first home visit with them on Monday and they tell me they're BOTH going to be out of town for the first 2 weeks of August. One had plans to visit her family since last year so I knew she was going to be gone, but the other just graduated from school to be a nurse practitioner and got a job here in town and has to go out of town for some training. I just sat there with my mouth agape and blurted out, "WE'RE GONNA GO UNASSISTED?!?!" They both reassured me that everything is fine, and I won't go unassisted because they have another backup midwife, but I don't like her. I've met her before and she just kinda seemed like she wanted nothing to do with me since I had 2 c/s. So yeah. I'm really bummed. Hoping he either comes before they leave, or he hangs on until they come back.

simple frown

~Anita

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zombienator9
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:08 AM

I would be mad/upset to... 

thurstensmom
by Beth on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:45 AM
That's terrible! I would be so angry!
srm8824
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Oh that is a bummer :(

I hope it goes well either way.
Briyawna
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Im sorry
CutieCrab
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Well look at it this way if you do end up using the midwife you don't like, just tell her to sit in the corner and her job is to make sure you are ok. Other than that you'll pretty much be unassisted, she is just there to make sure everything is okay.

Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:17 AM

luckily you are only 36 weeks, so hopefully you do not go early and they are back before he comes :)

CafeMom Tickers
Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:20 AM
That sucks sorry hope it works out for the best
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I'm sorry, hopefully you go AFTER they get back from vacation.

AKmom11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I'm in a similar situation with my dr. My dr is gone next week, the first week of August. She just told me this. So baby boy needs to come this week or stay in there until she gets back the 2nd week of August! I'm trying to keep my hopes up that it will all work out while she's here. I'm 38 weeks but my dr is baffled that I haven't had him yet. I understand I have no control over when baby comes, but I would really like to deliver with my dr! This is most likely my last baby so last chance to do so. Things didn't go as planned with my daughter, this is my chance at a "redo" for the experience I was hoping for. But at least I know, like, and trust the dr who should be the delivering if my dr is gone. That's reassuring.

Hope you hang in there and stay pregnant until they return!! You got this momma!
nrsmama4
by Jamie on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:19 AM
I just have a feeling that it will all work out just fine... not so cool for them to just drip the bomb on you like that, though.
Do a doula or a great support?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)