Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who will/ was in room with you?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm over this subject. I know I want my husband there with me and perhaps my mother, but bless her heart I don't think she has the stomach for it. I offered to allow my mother-in-law to be with me, but I feel if my own mother isn't there then I may not feel as comfortable with it. I can't say when time comes.

I have this friend who has INSISTED not asked several times that she will be in room with me. It has been driving me insane since she found out I was pregnant 9 months ago. Shes now continuing to ask to be in room with me when I told her several times that I wanted it to be a bonding moment with my husband and I when Layla enters the world. My husband and I have agreed not to let her in room. For goodness sake my own mother and mother-in law are willing enough to respect my wishes if I chose to be alone. I'm pretty upset with her right now.

My concern is that my husband may not always be the best support sometimes and I've been told it's good to have a female friend for support. But I have faith in him he'll be a good comfort and keep me laughing even through the pain. With this being our first I don't know what to expect.

With those who have already given birth before was your husband/ SO a good support? How about other family members or friends? Will having another woman with me who has been there done that help labor progress faster? Any other suggestions? I was told the nurses are pretty helpful when time comes but who knows how accurate that statement is. Please help. Kind of scared of what is to come and just want to have a peace of mind knowing I'll be okay.

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamarazziTo2
by Kendra on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM

With my first, it was just my mom and husband in the room. My inlaws tried their hardest to be in there as well but I had the nurse send them out. Haha With my second it was my mom and husband again but this time I let my sil in as well (she ended up being our photographer). With this 3rd one it will probably end up just being my husband because my dad and in laws aren't here to watch my kids. I'm hoping to talk my husband into allowing the kids in the room (so that my mom can be there as well) because they would love seeing the baby be born (they're obsessed with the human body and how everything works. They also know how a baby comes out) but so far he's not a fan of the idea. 

ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

When I was in labor with my DD I only felt comfortable with dh being there..This time if I end up having a vbac and dh wont be able to attend (due to work) I've asked my best friend to fill in. =)

diesel_darling
by Juliette on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM
With my first it was dh and mil. With my second and third it was just my dh. It'll be just my dh this time too. He tries his best but usually the nurse is more of a cheerleader and dh just follows orders lol.

Honestly, having more people in the room stressed me out more. I like it just being dh and my cheerleader nurse.
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM
My MIL
My Dad
My Stepmom
DH

It's always the same people. My mom won't be there this time she's taking my kids while we have baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM
With my first everyone and their dog tried being in there from my FIL and his wife to their kids. I ended up snapping and making them all leave it was too stressful to have people in there while you are in agony and they all want to eat and chat like it's nothing. With my second it was only my SO and this time will only be my DH. I like it better as a private moment between us, since no one else was in there when we made her lol plus there are enough nurses coming in and out!
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I don't know anymore! My hubby, my Mom and his Mom really have me pissed off at the moment so if I were to go into labor now, I would be in there by myself!!
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM
My first my dh and mom were there with me as well as the midwife and her assistant.

This time my mom stayed at home as I had to go to the midwife's house to birth instead of my own. So I had my dh in the room and my midwife had her assistant and her daughter was there to help until the midwife was there.

It was a beautiful bonding moment for My dh and I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cortney.mae
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM
It was my husband, my mom, my dr, midwife, and anesthesiology team and nicu team, and 10ish nurses. The room was full.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonberi
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM
My husband wasn't allowed at the birth of our first child. We switched hospitals and he was allowed to be at the birth but he couldn't stay with me for the days that I was in the hospital. Going for a home birth this time around and my mum and sister will be there as well as my mil and SIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daltonswife
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM

My husband, my doula, photographer friend and my middle son are all I plan on having here with me.  The best thing to do is only have the people that make you feel comfortable and calm there with you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)