Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My OB better be glad I like him...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
...or else is be finding a new practice at 37.4 weeks! He's the one that delivered my dd & I love him, which is why I stayed with him with this one. The problem is since having my dd his old associates have disbanded & now he's in with a "clinic." It's a horrible place! I can't ever get in because it's so over crowded (we only have one hospital that delivers in that county & zero in the county we now live in. It's one building that has all kinds of health providers. Today at my check up I was the very first patient on the OB side (there's 2 OB's there), & I was still 20 mins late just getting called back! Then, I found out it was bc my OB's usual nurse is on vacation, so we had to use the other OB's nurse (which I enjoyed her bc she was nice & knowledgable). Then, they had 2 students shadowing the RN (which made the appt go even slower!). I was having to be late for work already bc they couldn't get me in any other time/day this week. I then asked him would he be doing a 3rd trimester u/s at all (he hasn't done one since 22 wks!)...he said no bc they have so much patient overload that he can't even do his normal anatomy scans. WTC!!! The office only has 1 u/s & it doesn't even do 3D images! Ugh...& he didn't even check me today. He did say that he could feel baby boy was still head down, I was measuring great, & HB was great. I've been having mild'ish contractions off & on for the last 2 days. Sorry this is so long...just needed to vent, lol!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
That all sounds like it sucks! Ugh!
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Sorry he is in a crappy place now and they run so late.  

Glad to hear baby is head down and doing well :)

CafeMom Tickers
srm8824
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM
I'm sorry!!! That's really crappy to deal with but on the upside you won't have to do it too much longer :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)