Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Story!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last night around 3am I wake up to pee. Get up from the potty and hae the worst muscle cramp ever in the left side of my back. Have to wake Russ up to rub it. At 4 i wake up and I was crampy, as usual. But they were pretty tight. Jumped in the shower to see if it was my normal crampy at night but go away in the morning. Started timing them at 4:15ish while I was blowing drying my hair (because at this point I am still planning on going to work). Around 5 I told Russ we probably needed to go in and get it checked out. Called my dad to come and stay with the girls until our sitter could get there. We got to the hospital around 6:45 and she checked me and I was at 4. So yippee, I got to stay. They started working on trying to get an iv started. They immediately called in the 20 year iv vet to get it started since the nurse just had a feeling. Vet tried three times but my normally awesome veins kept blowing. She could get it in but it wouldn't thread. Brought another girl and she finally was able to get it after having me do some different things. My doc came in at 8 and broke my water. (At this point I am in a TON of pain!!!) he breaks my water and I'm at 6. They are finally getting fluids in me and squeezing like crazy to get them in and my labs back so I can have an epi. I am hurting sooooo bad. Drug doc is tryin to get there. Finally comes in the door they tell me to sit up and I can't! I sit up a tiny bit and have to roll on my side because I said I can't do this, it's so much pressure. Thy lay me on my side to do it, she puts in the needle to numb the spot and I said I can't I'm pushing. Nurse dives over to check and I'm at 9 and he's coming. I'm pushing without meanin to. She said no epi. They throw me on my back call my doc all while I'm pushing. I pushed for about two minutes and he was out a 9:01!!! Hurt LIKE HELL!!!!! OMG!!!!! I thought for sure I had ripped from front to back. Thank goodness he said he cut me just a little so baby could come out more quickly. One long stitch that I saw him go in about 7 or 8 times. Y'all, natural child birth blows!!!!! I've never hurt so much in my life! I had absolutely no pain meds of any kind!!!! So in less than 5 hours I went from nothing to baby in my arms! Oh and that back cramp, being attribute to baby going from sunny side up to face down.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Curlgurl
by Aubrey on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Wow!!! Glad it.was quick but bummer you missed your epidural!!! Pics?
Bump2b
by Sarah on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!!

I'm in shock reading you birth story, your delivery went the EXACT same way as mine!!!! My labour was five hours & it was the first time ever I thought I was going to get an epi and relax with this birth (third baby) but baby girl had other ideas. They were trying to roll me on my side & I started screaming I was pushing, three pushes later she was here! I also had stitches but not surprising being in such a hurry!
Janis_1975
by Janis on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM

yay for med free, even if it wasn't planned, LOL

Congrats!!!

CafeMom Tickers
srm8824
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Awesome! Congrats even if your natural birth was unexpected!!
mamaden3
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Wow! Congratulations what a birth story

JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Glad it was quick at least! Congrats!
thurstensmom
by Beth on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM
My goodness mama! Congratulations!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Congrats! :)
Sonylena
by Selena on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Thanks mommas! I'll add pictures when I get home. Internet here at the hospital just isn't letting it upload.
CutieCrab
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Congratulations!!!

Why do I read these???  These atories just scare me...  I don't even want an epi... Dang.  Lol.  I may rethink it. Although it seems most the births that have been going on in this group have been to short to even have an epi. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)