Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Increase in hiccups...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM
  • 12 Replies
I read somewhere that if your baby has an increase in hiccups it could be a concern? Anyone ever heard this? Kind of freaking me out because she's had them 3 times today and she usually old gets them once or twice a day. She hasn't had them for very long each time though.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I have never heard this, but that doesnt mean anything. My lo has had more hiccups lately as well. Hopefully everything is ok.

srm8824
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Yeah I've heard that it can be correlated to a cord issue but I think that's pretty rare. Just don't google it! :/
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I did already. Lol. But it seems like the symptoms are a sudden increase in hiccups and lots of sudden movement with them which is not the case with us.

Quoting srm8824: Yeah I've heard that it can be correlated to a cord issue but I think that's pretty rare. Just don't google it! :/
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I have never heard that. This baby, and my other 4, we're getting hiccups 3-8 times a day. At this stage of the game I think it's safe to assume it's from all the practice breathing and the poor coordination between the lungs and diaphram. After birth for the first couple months my babies get the hiccups after most nursings, too, trying to coordinate sucking and swallowing along with lungs and diaphram.
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM
8 times?! Wow! She was getting them consistently 2-3 maybe more but them went down to 1-2.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I have never heard that. This baby, and my other 4, we're getting hiccups 3-8 times a day. At this stage of the game I think it's safe to assume it's from all the practice breathing and the poor coordination between the lungs and diaphram. After birth for the first couple months my babies get the hiccups after most nursings, too, trying to coordinate sucking and swallowing along with lungs and diaphram.
srm8824
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I just googled it out of curiosity and I'm such a worrier I immediately regretted it! My baby has gotten them 1-4 times a day though so I'm not worried.

Quoting JenG20: Yeah I did already. Lol. But it seems like the symptoms are a sudden increase in hiccups and lots of sudden movement with them which is not the case with us.

Quoting srm8824: Yeah I've heard that it can be correlated to a cord issue but I think that's pretty rare. Just don't google it! :/
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Yes, I've noticed them every couple hours. My others were crazy hiccuppers, too, so I've thought nothing of it. Like I said, even after birth I'd guess at least 6 times a day. If I drink from a straw I get the hiccups, and I'll get them a couple times a day for a few days after the initial straw incident! We're just prone to them I guess.

Quoting JenG20: 8 times?! Wow! She was getting them consistently 2-3 maybe more but them went down to 1-2.

Quoting mostlymaydays: I have never heard that. This baby, and my other 4, we're getting hiccups 3-8 times a day. At this stage of the game I think it's safe to assume it's from all the practice breathing and the poor coordination between the lungs and diaphram. After birth for the first couple months my babies get the hiccups after most nursings, too, trying to coordinate sucking and swallowing along with lungs and diaphram.
JenG20
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah sometimes I think there's so much out there that can scare you when a do for would tell you otherwise. Also I think sometimes they get them and we don't notice at least I know she does.

Quoting srm8824: I just googled it out of curiosity and I'm such a worrier I immediately regretted it! My baby has gotten them 1-4 times a day though so I'm not worried.

Quoting JenG20: Yeah I did already. Lol. But it seems like the symptoms are a sudden increase in hiccups and lots of sudden movement with them which is not the case with us.

Paigesmommy78
by Gale on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Never heard that
Jess21608
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I hope i shouldn't worry my little girl has them so much i lose count. Its been this way for about a month now. Had an ultrasound on Monday and all looked well. She is still very active and its real painful. My son had the hiccups all the time towards the end. And after he was born he had them all the time when we discovered he had reflux issues which caused colic in the beginning.Fingers crossed my llittle girl won't have the same issues it was rough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)