Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 weeks old. Pics and question.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

I think my 2 week old has his days and nights mixed up. He sleeps all day. Barely wakes to eat then when we are all ready for bed he is wide awake and wanting to nurse all night what can I do I he him. On track ???
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM
3 moms liked this

babies don't know the difference between day or night, give him a few weeks to set himself into a more predictable routine.

It's very common to want to nurse all night. That's a good sign. If your worried about sleeping too much during the day time, wake him up and stimulate him to get him to nurse every couple of hours more often during the daytime. It won't hurt him for you to wake him up and offer him the breast.

ele2837
by Erika on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first it helped if I dressed her in less clothing during the day, mostly just onesies. At night I bundled her up more and being warm made her want to sleep at night. I haven't had to mess with it this time because really Riley just wants to sleep all the time, day and night, unless she wants to eat
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Man I even put ice on her back and she still slept through! Massage worked once I got a schedule and routine going. Keep the room dark and quiet and uninteresting so he won't want to stay awake.
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I try to wake this 1 up every 2.5 hours to nurse. I usually change his diaper and it wakes him right up, I have to pester him until he opens his eyes. If he doesnt wake up I give him 20 mins and try again.

I night I let him sleep as long as he likes, but he is a side or tummy sleeper, he wont sleep if he is on his back.

This one also sleeps more soundly when he is warm. So during the day I have him in a light onsie and at night I put him in a warmer sleeper and swaddle him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bump2b
by Sarah on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I put my bub to sleep out in the family room in the day with the other two running around her, it's bright & noisy. I also talk to her & play with her during her day feeds. I also feed her three hourly during the day, even if it means waking her because she is a sleepy baby and would probably sleep all day.

At night she's in our room where it's quiet & dark. I use the "ocean" setting on her baby monitor for white noise & let her sleep as much as she likes. During night feeds I don't interact with her, I make it all business, just feed, bottom change & back to bed.

So far it works she's quite settled (though currently having a witching hour in the evening, a phase I know she'll grow out of). She usually feeds at 7pm - witching hour begins... Settles for bed around 9-9:30, feeds again at 2-3am and then is up for the day at 7am.
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM
My first was the exact same! I was so scared she was going to be a night owl especially with my older kids just starting school I thought it was going to be a nightmare getting them up and ready with no sleep but I have been fortunate she eats most of the day and gets up only once or twice a night to eat and be changed and then we get up around 7:30-8 every morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)