Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ripping pain on left side of my uterus

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 11 Replies
At around 3am,I was awakened to excruciating pain on my left side. It felt like someone was ripping my uterus from my body. It continued until around 6 a.m. At first I thought they were Braxton Hicks, but the pain was so intense only on one side even though I had tightening.

has anyone else experienced this? or know what this may have been?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I would've gone to the hospital.
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know - I would call my doctor to ask - it SOUNDS like ligament pain since it was isolated on one side.

QJSMOM09
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Quoting MixedCooke: I would've gone to the hospital.

I went to l&d last Friday, because I had constant contractions that were 8min apart for an hr. I called my dr first and he said since I was an hr away (at my grandmas)to go ahead and go to the hospital. When I got there my contractions had fizzled away and my nurse all but laughed in my face.She made me feel real small. I said after that incident, I would not go back unless I was sure it was labor or I knew for sure something was wrong.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
How far is the hospital from you? Is this your first baby? It's just the possibility of there being an issue with the placenta could be an emergency situation. Yeah, I'm pretty much going to wait until my water breaks. Do unto others as you would have done unto you aka don't let that nurse disrespect you and dish it right back if she does! Being overly cautious is better than not being cautious enough!

Quoting QJSMOM09:

I went to l&d last Friday, because I had constant contractions that were 8min apart for an hr. I called my dr first and he said since I was an hr away (at my grandmas)to go ahead and go to the hospital. When I got there my contractions had fizzled away and my nurse all but laughed in my face.She made me feel real small. I said after that incident, I would not go back unless I was sure it was labor or I knew for sure something was wrong.
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
could also be constipation pains?? The left side is what usually hurts when you get'stopped' up..not saying that's what is wrong with you..it's hard to determine what's what during pregnancy imo..i leave it up to my dr! good luck, sorry you had a bad nurse. :(
dtb-mommy
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Did you have a previous c section or other abdominal surgery? I get that and got it for my second pregnancy too. It is scarred tissue from my previous c sections. Now that I am close to the end it is stretching to its limit. It was really bad for my second pregnancy because I got pregnant when my first was 5 months so it wasn't as healed as it is now. It is the reason my doctor for that pregnancy decided to do the c section at 37 weeks. The pain was so bad that it was excruciating and he was worried my uterus would rupture.

starinez
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I had something similar a couple nights when still pregnant. I would be having contractions and have this horrible burning stretching pain in my left side near my hip kind of. Each contraction would be horrible because of that pain. If I could get baby to move the pain would subside. I believe it was the position of the baby coupled with the contractions was pulling on something. A hot shower and different positions to move baby would be the only thing that helped. It would go on for hours before finaly dissapearing. When I actually went into labor I felt it a few times but baby was very active while in labor and moved alot so he never stayed in that one bad spot so the pain would come and go. So if it is the same pain, it is nothing to worry about I don't believe but I understand it is horribly painful. Way worse than any contraction that I have experienced. (But I have never bin thru full labor only early labor) Hope it doesnt come back and if so you can find some relief!

QJSMOM09
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quoting MixedCooke: How far is the hospital from you? Is this your first baby? It's just the possibility of there being an issue with the placenta could be an emergency situation. Yeah, I'm pretty much going to wait until my water breaks. Do unto others as you would have done unto you aka don't let that nurse disrespect you and dish it right back if she does! Being overly cautious is better than not being cautious enough!

Quoting QJSMOM09:

Im 38+3 and an hr away from my hospital. The pains have started again. I have a feeling that I'm going to l&d again tonight.

Eta:this is my 3rd baby
QJSMOM09
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Quoting ninjanessa: could also be constipation pains?? The left side is what usually hurts when you get'stopped' up..not saying that's what is wrong with you..it's hard to determine what's what during pregnancy imo..i leave it up to my dr! good luck, sorry you had a bad nurse. :(

I'm pretty sure it isn't constipation, since (TMI) I've been going after every meal for the last 2 wks. Thanks for the well wishes.
QJSMOM09
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Quoting starinez:

I had something similar a couple nights when still pregnant. I would be having contractions and have this horrible burning stretching pain in my left side near my hip kind of. Each contraction would be horrible because of that pain. If I could get baby to move the pain would subside. I believe it was the position of the baby coupled with the contractions was pulling on something. A hot shower and different positions to move baby would be the only thing that helped. It would go on for hours before finaly dissapearing. When I actually went into labor I felt it a few times but baby was very active while in labor and moved alot so he never stayed in that one bad spot so the pain would come and go. So if it is the same pain, it is nothing to worry about I don't believe but I understand it is horribly painful. Way worse than any contraction that I have experienced. (But I have never bin thru full labor only early labor) Hope it doesnt come back and if so you can find some relief!

This describes the pains I've been having to the T. The worst pain EVER! Thanks for the well wishes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)