Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
  • 4 Replies
I posted yesterday that I had some pink/red bleeding/spotting when I wiped yesterday. I did again today but just once. I've been contracting the last two days (well, since 6 pm monday and it's now 10 am Wednesday.) The contractions are pretty consistent at 10 minutes apart (no changes since monday).

I'm uncomfortable and miserable (mostly because two days of discomfort is miserable). I keep getting told not to go in unless I can't talk or walk through the contractions. While I can do both it isn't easy. (I feel like i can't breathe and I want to bend over or sit when they do come)

Would you go in or continue waiting it out? I'm 40 weeks today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I would continue to wait it out until something changes. You don't want to go into the hospital and have them put you on an unrealistic time clock where you end up getting interventions you don't want or need, i know the last few days are hard, but just remind yourself if you go in too early if your body's trying to get ready, you could end up being induced, or with a c-section you may not want.

If you feel something is actually going WRONG - go in and get checked, but if your not in active labor, they won't keep you anyways.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like you lost your mucus plug and yeah at 40 wks, I would go in just to at least be sure that it isn't active labor.
MommyStar3343
by Chloe on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, and they probably won't pick up the contractions. They never have since they're primarily in my back ugh! They would have induced me last week but my blood levels were too low and the Dr said it wasn't worth the risk. They Will Schedule me next Week If I Dont Go On My Own Before then. I need these contractions to start working for me!

Quoting kajira:

I would continue to wait it out until something changes. You don't want to go into the hospital and have them put you on an unrealistic time clock where you end up getting interventions you don't want or need, i know the last few days are hard, but just remind yourself if you go in too early if your body's trying to get ready, you could end up being induced, or with a c-section you may not want.

If you feel something is actually going WRONG - go in and get checked, but if your not in active labor, they won't keep you anyways.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srm8824
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I wouldn't go in. I've been losing my plug for 3 weeks though... and I've had bouts of regular contractions so I feel like it's better to know *for sure* than to get disappointed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)