Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BFing makes me HUNGRY!!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
Lol.. I really want a huge plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuit, sausage and cheese... and thats after just a 10-15 feeding.. This being hungry all the time kinda sucks but at least I know this time not to eat junk.. I did that with #2 and ended up gaining 20+ lbs AFTER she was born.. never lost any baby weight.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
You are using calories to make the milk! Eat that just not the biscuit and you will still lose weight!
srm8824
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I couldn't eat for 2 weeks after I had my son. I had to force myself. For some reason, I had NO appetite.

Man, hope that happens again ;)

JenG20
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Yeah I always have zero appetite after giving birth! But I have a mega one now! Hoping it goes away! Lol
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Your caloric increase is higher for breastfeeding than even with pregnancy. Eat! Within reason of course. Stay away from heavily processed foods. Eat nuts and cheese, protein, to keep hunger from getting too out of control.
AKmom11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I agree! I've never been as hungry as I am when breastfeeding. At least I knew to expect it this time. Took me by surprise last time with my 1st. Happy healthy eating!
spidermonkey090
by Sarah on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Yes! it's a good reason to snack

Briyawna
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Ive noticed Im not AS hungry as I was with #2.. But I feel like I could eat a lil something all hours Im awake.. I just ate a mcds cheeseburger and fries... Bad I know but wanna get that craving outta my system.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)