Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting it all together!!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm going in tomorrow at 8 am for my c section! I am so excited to meet this little guy who has been going nuts and being so hyper inside of me. It's a new adventure because he is my first boy. So glad we are scheduled and not just spontaneously rushing to the hospital. We just finished getting everything together. Washing and folding our clothes that we want to bring and making sure we have all of his stuff. I grabbed a couple extra newborn sleepers. I had 3 daytime outfits and 3 sleepers for our 3 day stay but my friend who just had a baby told me that is how much she brought with her and it wasn't enough. I want him to be in his own clothes and comfy while there so I hope I took enough. Not only did I have to do all of that but I have to pack school uniforms for my 2 girls and all of their stuff to go stay with their dad for the 3 days. And I have to make sure that him and his gf know everything about school schedule and home work and all of that.

This actually was the first week of school for my girls so it's been kind of hectic planning everything and getting my head together without forgetting anything. And then to top it all off SO got a job offer with a trucking company. The company is paying for him to get all of the certifications and the license that he needs to be a truck driver. So this week he has been doing tests and training. And will be finishing all of that for most of next week. With having surgery I'm really kind of nervous to not have him here but am so proud of him and excited for him. He will be making more than twice as much as he made with his last job. Which means that next August i'll be able to go back to school and get a degree.

It just seems like we are jumping head first into a whole new chapter of our lives. But it is all good things so I am so happy and excited. I really just feel like we have an abundance of luck right now. Which is something that seems to have eluded us for the past couple of years.

And now that it is finally almost baby day I am so overwhelmed and feel like I need to have a good cry for a few minutes to get it out of my system. lol. Wish me luck everybody. I am soo nervous.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
N_and_L_Baby
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow you will be holding your little one before you know it! My mother started having kids again starting when I was 16- all three of them were c-sections and one thing I loved as the mini adult that I was anxiously awaiting these sweethearts was that literally she went into surgery and I was holding a baby an hour later. Very convenient for everyone else except the mommy! I hope your experience is easy peasy and congrats!!!!
ninjanessa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
yay!! So exciting, praying for a smooth c section and recovery!!
NicLof2
by Nicole on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
So excited for you! Good luck!
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:51 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!  A little luck in life is much needed all around so enjoy it while it lasts and everything it brings!  YAY!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)