Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know what to do

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
  • 17 Replies
My daughter since around 9pm which it is now 12:05am has been on my boob I out her down she starts crying and since about 10 she is like moving her head side to side on my boob drinks does that and starts crying I squeeze my boob and there is milk, her diaper is clean she's been feeding on both poops since 10pm idk what to do. Her stomach doesn't feel hard so I don't think it's gas this is the first time it's happened. What should I do, what could it be.

Could it be dairy because I don't have it much but tonight I didn't, she cries when I tend to drink milk and I don't drink it much and we normally doesn't cry very long but tonight I had a good bit and all she is doing is curing and wanting to eat but keeps crying
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess21608
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:16 AM
My little miss has been super fussy today as well but she is gassy im also sure its growth spurt time cause she has been eating non stop all day long. Its weird too but since last week she has been going 3 days between poops one time it was 5 days but called nurse and they weren't concerned. So maybe its growth spurt time for your little girl as well?
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I thought that could possibly be it but she literally just got done with the 2-3 week growth spurt, could she really be having another so soon. And she never has been this cranking and crying and getting off the boob to cry yet still latch back on and continue that process repeatedly. It's making me worried

Quoting Jess21608: My little miss has been super fussy today as well but she is gassy im also sure its growth spurt time cause she has been eating non stop all day long. Its weird too but since last week she has been going 3 days between poops one time it was 5 days but called nurse and they weren't concerned. So maybe its growth spurt time for your little girl as well?
Jess21608
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Hmmm im not sure. My dd turned 5 weeks on Saturday so i have been dreading the 6 week mark. Maybe she is frustrated with your let down. Im definately not a bfing pro, with my ds i had a hard time nursing and he had a tie. This time has been easier. Hopefully one of the pro ladies will be in here soon to give advice. If she is having good diaper counts i wouldn't worry too much...i know easier said then done!

Quoting Mommy2TwoBoys23: I thought that could possibly be it but she literally just got done with the 2-3 week growth spurt, could she really be having another so soon. And she never has been this cranking and crying and getting off the boob to cry yet still latch back on and continue that process repeatedly. It's making me worried

Quoting Jess21608: My little miss has been super fussy today as well but she is gassy im also sure its growth spurt time cause she has been eating non stop all day long. Its weird too but since last week she has been going 3 days between poops one time it was 5 days but called nurse and they weren't concerned. So maybe its growth spurt time for your little girl as well?
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:34 AM
She is definitely having poop and peepee diapers. And this may sound stupid but what is a let down? Is that bad?

Quoting Jess21608: Hmmm im not sure. My dd turned 5 weeks on Saturday so i have been dreading the 6 week mark. Maybe she is frustrated with your let down. Im definately not a bfing pro, with my ds i had a hard time nursing and he had a tie. This time has been easier. Hopefully one of the pro ladies will be in here soon to give advice. If she is having good diaper counts i wouldn't worry too much...i know easier said then done!
Quoting Mommy2TwoBoys23: I thought that could possibly be it but she literally just got done with the 2-3 week growth spurt, could she really be having another so soon. And she never has been this cranking and crying and getting off the boob to cry yet still latch back on and continue that process repeatedly. It's making me worried
ticking.clock
by Kellie on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:10 AM
You should definitely join the breastfeeding group! The ladies in there are super helpful and very knowledgable. I'm sure they have some ideas of what could be going on.
Jess21608
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:20 AM
No its not bad its when you release your milk so if your let down is slow she might be getting frustrated or if its too fast the same can happen they will latch and de latch

Quoting Mommy2TwoBoys23: She is definitely having poop and peepee diapers. And this may sound stupid but what is a let down? Is that bad?

Quoting Jess21608: Hmmm im not sure. My dd turned 5 weeks on Saturday so i have been dreading the 6 week mark. Maybe she is frustrated with your let down. Im definately not a bfing pro, with my ds i had a hard time nursing and he had a tie. This time has been easier. Hopefully one of the pro ladies will be in here soon to give advice. If she is having good diaper counts i wouldn't worry too much...i know easier said then done!
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Do you know of a particular group?

Quoting ticking.clock: You should definitely join the breastfeeding group! The ladies in there are super helpful and very knowledgable. I'm sure they have some ideas of what could be going on.
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:45 AM
I looked it up when I posted it and then thought I edited the comment to you, I guess I never submitted it lol.

And that would make since. She finally went to sleep about 1:30-1:40

I on the other hand didn't get much sleep because then my 2 yo woke up with a night terror.

So this momma is exhausted lol

Quoting Jess21608: No its not bad its when you release your milk so if your let down is slow she might be getting frustrated or if its too fast the same can happen they will latch and de latch

Quoting Mommy2TwoBoys23: She is definitely having poop and peepee diapers. And this may sound stupid but what is a let down? Is that bad?

ele2837
by Erika on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Riley has had days like that here and there where she seems frustrated with it. For us it has usually been around time for a growth spurt and usually lasts about half a day. For us its like she isn't quite getting full. I can squeeze and milk will come out butI can feel how much less is in there. It's like Riley is frustrated that there isn't enough coming out. She stays latched a few hours with just a few short breaks for me. After that stretch she usually falls asleep once she feels full and takes a good long nap. Then we are back to normal.
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Yeah once she finally fell asleep it was all back to normal.

When are their growth spurts normally. I tend to hear 2-3 weeks, 1 month etc.

When it feels like there isn't enough for them when they to through a growth spurt, will our body start producing more? I never have done ebf with just breast and no bottle, do I am still learning a lot lol

Quoting ele2837: Riley has had days like that here and there where she seems frustrated with it. For us it has usually been around time for a growth spurt and usually lasts about half a day. For us its like she isn't quite getting full. I can squeeze and milk will come out butI can feel how much less is in there. It's like Riley is frustrated that there isn't enough coming out. She stays latched a few hours with just a few short breaks for me. After that stretch she usually falls asleep once she feels full and takes a good long nap. Then we are back to normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)