chicken tortilla soup
If you're like most people I know, you're right back smack in the middle of the bustling, busy school year with the long days of summer but a distant and fond memory. Between sports practices, homework, birthday parties, and making sure the P.E. uniform is worn on the right days of the week, the days fly by in a frantic flurry of activities. It's not bad, just busy.

It's the time of year I find it most challenging to cook because of time constraints, but it's also my favorite time to do so because there are so many fall-inspired dishes that I love to make. That's why my Crock-Pot is my savior these days. It allows me to cook up hearty meals my family loves without much time in the kitchen at all. Here are five of my favorite fall dishes to cook up in a slow cooker.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

This soup is one of my favorite things to come home to when it comes to fall dinners. You just ladle it into bowls, add toppings, and dinner is served.

Slow Cooker Nachos

Slow Cooker Nachos

Fall means football, and what better football fare is there than nachos? Not much, and that's why this recipe for a slow cooker version of them is perfection.

Creamy Crock-Pot Macaroni & Cheese

Creamy Crock-Pot Macaroni & Cheese

There are few dishes more comforting than mac & cheese on a crisp fall night. This creamy, cheesy recipe from Paula Deen is divine.

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake

If you haven't had pumpkin dump cake, you really haven't lived. It's an amazing dish that I overdose on every fall because it's so good. This Crock-Pot version of it is every bit as good as the original version.

Slow Cooker Chili

Slow Cooker Chili

Of course fall wouldn't be fall without chili, and I'm of the opinion that the best versions are made in slow cookers. Here's one of my favorite recipes for it. Don't forget the toppings!

What are your favorite fall meals?

Image ©iStock.com/bonchan