Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long until their soft spot closes?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
Average amount of time it takes? Makenna is 4 weeks and it still feels pretty big!
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommy2TwoBoys23
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM
My daughter had a issue when she was born her soft spot when from the too of her head all the way down to the back of her head just one huge soft spot. She is now 4 weeks and her soft spot is now the size it should be normally. But the doctors wanted that to happen because if not then we would need to go see another doctor in regards to it.

The posterior fontanel, the soft spot on the back of your baby’s head, will close first. It is the smaller of the two fontanels so it doesn’t take as long to close. It normally closes by the time your baby is 2-4 months old. The anterior fontanel, located on the top of baby’s head, closes later. The time frame on when the anterior fontanel will close varies. On average, it closes at around 18 months but it can close as early as 9-12 months.

JenG20
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah like 9-18 months. My oldest's' was closed by 9 months but he has a big head. Lol
NicLof2
by Nicole on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:29 PM
This.
Btw I'm laughing so hard from the last sentence. My oldest had a big head too. Lol

Quoting JenG20: Yeah like 9-18 months. My oldest's' was closed by 9 months but he has a big head. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)