Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nexplanon... Anybody?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 3 Replies
I had the Nexplanon implant put in on the 3rd. So it's been a week and a half. One week later on Friday, the day it was supposed to be fully effective of course, I started bleeding. So far it has seemed like a normal period so I'm not too anxious about it. I was just hoping to NOT bleed lol
Have any of you gotten this implant? I hope I'm not one of the people who bleed the whole time or get all the rare side effects.
Just looking for others' experiences.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ck8204
by Candie on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I had the implanon after my last baby. I know it's not the same thing, but they're close cousins I think.

Any how. I had a few days of bleeding right after having it put in. Almost like a short period. Then it sayed away until I was done nursing my daughter. When my cycle returned it was lighter and 2 days shorter.

Hope that helped.
snelson131
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I think the nexplanon is like an improved version or something. "Implanon 2.0" lol
It's good to know it went well for you. I have a friend who has had it 2 years and hasn't bled at all and her sister (normally very heavy periods) has only spotted. So I'm hoping this goes away by the end of the week. And then I hope I don't bleed anymore lol. Wishful thinking maybe.

Quoting ck8204: I had the implanon after my last baby. I know it's not the same thing, but they're close cousins I think.

Any how. I had a few days of bleeding right after having it put in. Almost like a short period. Then it sayed away until I was done nursing my daughter. When my cycle returned it was lighter and 2 days shorter.

Hope that helped.
ck8204
by Candie on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM
I've had friends that have had lighter periods, or no period at all when they had it. I was bummed at first that I wasn't one of the lucky ones that didn't get a period, but a very light 3 day period wasn't that bad. Lol

I hope you're one of the lucky ones.

Quoting snelson131: Yeah I think the nexplanon is like an improved version or something. "Implanon 2.0" lol
It's good to know it went well for you. I have a friend who has had it 2 years and hasn't bled at all and her sister (normally very heavy periods) has only spotted. So I'm hoping this goes away by the end of the week. And then I hope I don't bleed anymore lol. Wishful thinking maybe.

Quoting ck8204: I had the implanon after my last baby. I know it's not the same thing, but they're close cousins I think.

Hope that helped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)