Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: Should You Be a Working Mom or a Stay-at-Home Mom?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

Take this CafeMom Quiz and share your results in the replies below!

Quiz: Should You Be a Working Mom or a Stay-at-Home Mom? 

Are you a SAHM or WM? Was this quiz right for you?

moms rock

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:05 AM
My results said working mom:

"You should keep working! You'll be happier and more fulfilled -- and therefore a better mom -- pursuing your own ambitions. You love structure to your day and adult interaction -- something that's hit or miss when you're home with the kids. Plus, that extra income is important to maintain your current lifestyle -- and can come in handy for some spectacular vacations to make up for the time you've been helping to support your family."

I've been a SAHM for almost 15 years now.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:50 AM
But don't you work from home? So maybe it's half right lol Do seem like you would be a big wig professional!

Quoting mostlymaydays: My results said working mom:

"You should keep working! You'll be happier and more fulfilled -- and therefore a better mom -- pursuing your own ambitions. You love structure to your day and adult interaction -- something that's hit or miss when you're home with the kids. Plus, that extra income is important to maintain your current lifestyle -- and can come in handy for some spectacular vacations to make up for the time you've been helping to support your family."

NicLof2
by Nicole on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
I got SAHM and I am for now. Unfortunately after 6 years of being a SAHM I will have to return to work eventually.
mostlymaydays
by Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I'm a very part-time freelance sports photographer, with a little event photography and portraits on the side, and I've only taken that back up in the past year.

I have a BA in communications and had planned to get into advertising or PR but there were no jobs when I graduated so I ended up doing all sorts of things. This reminds me of a game I played with an old playgroup: we wrote down jobs we'd had on pieces of paper and tried to guess who did what. One of my friends shocked us as a horse trainer and another was an accountant for the Indigo Girls. I've been a floral designer, a commercial photographer, a typesetter for a church bulletin printing company, worked the window at a fast food joint, cleaned houses, sold bath and body products at Victoria's Secret. All AFTER graduating from college!

Quoting NicLof2: But don't you work from home? So maybe it's half right lol Do seem like you would be a big wig professional!

Quoting mostlymaydays: My results said working mom:

thurstensmom
by Beth on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM

You should stay home, Mom! You may also want to assess whether your family could afford to live without your income. You don't like other people telling you what to do, and at least in this job you can be the boss! You have the patience, creativity and tolerance to roll with the crazy ups and downs of 24/7 childcare -- and even cherish it. Remember, no one ever looks back on their years and regrets having all that time with their kids.

finally became a sahm 3 years ago! BEST choice I ever made!!!

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Said Sahm....which I have been for 9.5yrs now lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)