Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumping Mamas-Do you find that when you skip a pump or more that...

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM
  • 4 Replies

You still make the amount you would've made had you pumped? Generally my baby eats about 4 ounces and I produce that much during most pumps. When I skip pumps such as last night, I make up for lost time and pumped 12 oz, so the 3 pumps that I skipped!  Anybody else deal with this same issue?

I will say that my diet hasn't affected my milk output whatsoever regarding a lower carb plan or my lower calorie days.

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jaybay223
by Jess on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM
No, but I don't skip pumps. I only pump while at work, though, and I'm afraid of mastitis so I don't ever skip a session. I think if you continue to skip sessions your supply will take a dive.
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM
That's why I'm afraid to skip but I make so much, I'm trying to reduce it some.

Quoting Jaybay223: No, but I don't skip pumps. I only pump while at work, though, and I'm afraid of mastitis so I don't ever skip a session. I think if you continue to skip sessions your supply will take a dive.
Kristen714
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I am the same way my little one eats 4 oz six times a day so I pump every three to four hours and get that but if I miss a pump I get more. My lo drinks 24 oz a day and I pump 32-35 oz a day because I wake between 2-4 am and pump anywhere between 8-12oz depending on when my last pump was before I go to bed.
NicLof2
by Nicole on Nov. 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM
I agree with this

Quoting Jaybay223: No, but I don't skip pumps. I only pump while at work, though, and I'm afraid of mastitis so I don't ever skip a session. I think if you continue to skip sessions your supply will take a dive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)